low hp #

cuban

Established Member
i had my car dynod a few weeks ago and i feel it was pretty low. 422hp and 422 tq. this was on a dyno jet with a 2.8 upper and a upr cold air kit. so i broke down and bought a ported stock t/b and plenum, o/r x, and a mac 3" catback. do you think the new mods will get me to the 450 marks? or do i have a dog? the tune is from rwtd and it was running 11.4 air to fuel, so i had a retune to lean it out a bit as well. thanks for the help.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
I would think opening up the exhaust with a catback would help a lot. It wouldn't suprise me if you hit 450hp just with adding the catback. That would make your numbers very reasonable for your mods. Other only suggestions would be:

1. Get a dyno tune if your current tune is just a mail order and
2. Get idlers to help with belt slip

Good luck.

musclefan21

Established Member
I just dynoed mine. 2.76 pulley w/idlers and steeda intake.

the car put down 435rwhp - 470rwtq on dynojet. with cat back i am hoping to bump the HP up to 460rwhp.

Honestly, your numbers looks low to me too but i dont know much.

Titter

Established Member
I put down 455 with 470 torque on the dyno jet. I have a 2.8 with 100mm aux idler, HE, K@N FIPK, TR6 Plugs, and a Cat-back. Plus a custom tune with SCT programming

cuban

Established Member
the air to fuel was like 11.4. i put the mac 3" catback on tonight in my wifes parents garage and tightned it up the best i could but i know there are some leaks where i couldnt get to the nut on top very well. on the bright side though it feels like it picked up a bit and runs a little smoother with quicker response its just too damn quiet.

another ? i have is i bought a upr o/r x and i am trying to figure out the easiest way to get to the bolts on the pass side manifold, any one have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread