Low fuel light

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
I searched but couldn't come up with anything that answered my question.
How much fuel is left in the gas tank whenever the low fuel light comes on? No reason to know was just curious.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Enough to get you to the next gas station, LOL. My Ford Escape warning comes on 50 miles to empty, some are 30, as for the mustang, I would guess 20-30????

chrisdf_382

Banned
1 - 1.5 gallons

ok... i do not have the answer but i did make this observation this morning... my gas tank was as E as it could get. I had the needle completely to the left side of the RED LINE (and not touching it) and put 2.0 gallons to see where it would be.. ..when i started the car up...it went to exactely to 1/8 of a tank...and i waited for nearly 3 minutes to observe and it stayed the same ...so judging from where my low fuel light comes on... ..i figure i have a gallon when that fuel light comes on.. ..i am not exact but i am sure i am close to guesstimation.. KILL

optx002

Established Member
i only had the gas light come on once, and i drove it for about 5 miles after that, filled up completely, and filled up 13.3 gallons, which means there should have been about 2-2.5 gallons left in there. considering out tanks are 15.7 gallons. so with 2 gallons, driving conservatively, you can get 30-40 miles. i def dont get that.

Users who are viewing this thread