Low Dyno Numbers for 2013 TVS on 2011

rand

Established Member
I have a 2011 with a 2013 TVS, 2.4 VMP pulley, JBA Offroad H, AFCO Dual Fan H/E, and a VMP email tune. I went on Friday around noon in NW FL and the temp was 92, humidity 33%, pressure 30.14. I pulled a 573hp and 605tq. Timing was mostly at 13 from 2200-2700, 14.5 from 2700-3200, 18 from 3200-3700, 16.5 from 3700-6000rpm, after 6k my timing shot up to 23 degrees. Just wondering if this seems anywhere close for an initial email tune or is there something else going on. I have the datalogs and run file and have sent them both to Justin and BJ at VMP. Just wanted to get some other eyes on this since I haven't heard anything back. Thanks.

RunFile.jpg

acobra03

Established Member
23 degrees of timing at 6k? I'm no expert but on pump gas I'm thinking that might be a problem. Maybe someone with more knowledge can speak to this. Your timing seems to start very low then spike at high rpm. What was the duty cycle on the injectors? If you have stock injectors and fuel pump you might be at the limit for fuel.

mgmustang1

Established Member
I said the same to BJ from vmp when I had my email tune dynoed and it was low.first thing he asked was how much boost.

rand

Established Member
23 degrees of timing at 6k? I'm no expert but on pump gas I'm thinking that might be a problem. Maybe someone with more knowledge can speak to this. Your timing seems to start very low then spike at high rpm. What was the duty cycle on the injectors? If you have stock injectors and fuel pump you might be at the limit for fuel.

Looking at the file through live link it got to 0.44. I'm not sure what the conversion factor is for it. If it's 100 then 44% but 200 at 88% would make more sense.

rand

Established Member
I said the same to BJ from vmp when I had my email tune dynoed and it was low.first thing he asked was how much boost.

I agree on the boost. If the gauge was anywhere near true then over 15lbs. I was so disgruntled on the run that I wasn't thinking about that at the time.

rand

Established Member
I made 615rwhp 0n 16lbs and 91oct with a 2.5 pulley.

I hear ya.. Mine was a 93 oct tune as well with a smaller pulley. Depressed is an understatement but hopefully once Justin and BJ analyze the results it will be good to go.

1930ford

Established Member
I would guess you "pegged" the maf, when you peg the maf air flow is assumed and timing and fuel are guesstimated. This can be VERY harmfull, get with VMP on a solution before making any more pulls.

rand

Established Member
I would guess you "pegged" the maf, when you peg the maf air flow is assumed and timing and fuel are guesstimated. This can be VERY harmfull, get with VMP on a solution before making any more pulls.

Thanks for the info and I'll definitely wait until I hear something back from them.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Thanks for the info and I'll definitely wait until I hear something back from them.

This.

I have very similar mods, except I have the 123 JLT intake. On my drive tune from lund I pulled 627hp 600tq. After Bob Kurgan fine tuned everything we pulled 642 626 on fairly conservitive tune. You have a good amount of power to unlock.

rand

Established Member
This.

I have very similar mods, except I have the 123 JLT intake. On my drive tune from lund I pulled 627hp 600tq. After Bob Kurgan fine tuned everything we pulled 642 626 on fairly conservitive tune. You have a good amount of power to unlock.

I was praying to get what you had because we did have close to the same mods. That's why I was concerned and let down at the same time. Hopefully I'll get there.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
I was praying to get what you had because we did have close to the same mods. That's why I was concerned and let down at the same time. Hopefully I'll get there.

You will get there, biggest factor is that Intake, the 2.4 pulley is spinning that blower hard, the factory CAI is a great facotry intake, but the bigger MAF housing the JLT offers is superior. If your pegging that MAF that's killing you. Once you free up some air and get it under the microscope your gonna see some big power don't worry bro.

Van@RevanRacing

I have a 2011 with a 2013 TVS, 2.4 VMP pulley, JBA Offroad H, AFCO Dual Fan H/E, and a VMP email tune. I went on Friday around noon in NW FL and the temp was 92, humidity 33%, pressure 30.14. I pulled a 573hp and 605tq. Timing was mostly at 13 from 2200-2700, 14.5 from 2700-3200, 18 from 3200-3700, 16.5 from 3700-6000rpm, after 6k my timing shot up to 23 degrees. Just wondering if this seems anywhere close for an initial email tune or is there something else going on. I have the datalogs and run file and have sent them both to Justin and BJ at VMP. Just wanted to get some other eyes on this since I haven't heard anything back. Thanks.

RunFile.jpg

A lot of your answers are right in the information you've provided.

1. It was hot.
2. Did you data log IAT2? Spark? Pedal Position, A/F bank 1 and bank 2?

Part of the problem for the lower power is obviously in the spark up to 6,000 RPM and the amount of boost your intake can handle. The OEM Intake and Throttle Body max out at 14-15 lbs of boost. Your set up is for more boost so the car can probably make the power you just need a larger intake and MAF housing as well as a throttle body capable of flowing more air. The stock TB is maxed at 15 lbs.

Based on the timing mentioned above it's obvious the car was pulling timing for some reason.

Van

rand

Established Member
A lot of your answers are right in the information you've provided.

1. It was hot.
2. Did you data log IAT2? Spark? Pedal Position, A/F bank 1 and bank 2?

Part of the problem for the lower power is obviously in the spark up to 6,000 RPM and the amount of boost your intake can handle. The OEM Intake and Throttle Body max out at 14-15 lbs of boost. Your set up is for more boost so the car can probably make the power you just need a larger intake and MAF housing as well as a throttle body capable of flowing more air. The stock TB is maxed at 15 lbs.

Based on the timing mentioned above it's obvious the car was pulling timing for some reason.

Van

1. Noted. But others in similar heat have gotten better numbers
2. From what I understand on 2011+ you cannot get IAT2 but I assume with the dual fan h/e it would be o.k., spark = yes.. that's how i got the timing numbers in my initial post, pedal position = yes.. i believe they call it throttle actual angle on the new pids, and both a/f banks were logged as well.

I also had some other stuff logged on there per vmp instructions. Does anyone know how to decipher the data that is logged. I've got livelink up and looking at data but some isn't understandable due to the data needing to be converted. Let me know if anyone has any other info on this. Thanks Van for giving it a look. I appreciate the info. I also thought I read that the stock 2011+ up intake/maf can handle up to 700hp due to being frequency based and that the stock intake is good up to 650hp. Let me know if I've been given bad info.

Eric

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Get some data logs there are lots of variables here. Send them to your tuners an maybe even van can take a look an give you some advise.

Van@RevanRacing

1. Noted. But others in similar heat have gotten better numbers
2. From what I understand on 2011+ you cannot get IAT2 but I assume with the dual fan h/e it would be o.k., spark = yes.. that's how i got the timing numbers in my initial post, pedal position = yes.. i believe they call it throttle actual angle on the new pids, and both a/f banks were logged as well.

I also had some other stuff logged on there per vmp instructions. Does anyone know how to decipher the data that is logged. I've got livelink up and looking at data but some isn't understandable due to the data needing to be converted. Let me know if anyone has any other info on this. Thanks Van for giving it a look. I appreciate the info. I also thought I read that the stock 2011+ up intake/maf can handle up to 700hp due to being frequency based and that the stock intake is good up to 650hp. Let me know if I've been given bad info.

Eric

Eric

You can log IAT2 with Livelink. It's not a PID it's a DMR in 2011+ cars.

The pulley on the TVS is only slightly smaller than the OEM one. Your intake and throttle body are only capable of flowing air sufficient for 14-15 lbs of boost. You have enough MAF range you just have a restrictive intake.

For example on my 2013 GT500 I made 14.47 lbs of boost through the stock intake and an OVAL SCJ Throttle Body.

When I switched over to the JLT CAI my boost went up to 16.65 and saw a high of 16.99 lbs of boost.

The way your car sits today it should be capable of 14 lbs of boost and 600 or so at the tire. You're right there but for whatever reason the car was pulling timing.

Van

c6vette

Established Member
I have a 67mm TB on a 2013 TVS with a 2.4 and 3.73. I added a degree of timing to my VMP tune for 18.5 degrees and hit 633rwhp and 654rwtq at about 18psi. The 621hp run was on base VMP timing. I'm adding longtubes and will try again.
tvsdyno.gif

Last edited:

mgmustang1

Established Member
i have a 2010 with frpp tvs with 2.59 pulley,and o/r x-pipe and 65cjtb. with justins vmp email tune i made 590 rwhp. wasnt satisfied so went on the dyno with lund and he got it to 609rwhp. he said the same that a jlt cai will help alot. my max boost was 14.8 in 95 deg weather.

Users who are viewing this thread