Low boost, High miles???

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
Ok, I have a 1997 Cobra with 113,XXX miles on it. At 104,400 the heads came off for a headgasket, and every gasket in the motor was changed, it had a new timing set installed, and I had the heads and valves checked out, and much to my suprise everything was well within the limits. My intention was to have a valve job done, but my builder told me that it didn't need it. We also checked the cylinder walls, he said that it looked great, it had no ridge whatsoever and still had clearly visible hashmarks on the walls.

So, in spite of my high miles, do you guys think I would be safe to throw 6-8 lbs at it? I'm probably going to go with a KB 2.1, unless I can find a used D1SC relatively cheap (I have big plans for the future :D).

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
why not, if you have plans for the future why not? Im sure you'll be fine a 6lbs but even if it does nuke you got your new project started!!!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
If its not your DD, I would invest the money in a built block. If its your DD, keep the boost low and be smart when going WOT in the cold weather.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
When my Vortech was installed, the engine had 113.000 miles on it. The engine was in good mechanical shape plus I have a daily driver so I toy with the Cobra occaisonally. Keep the boost low. You know what the engine is like from going inside it , go for it. You will like the increase in power.

quadcam

i r teh ubar n00b
Established Member
FoxFour said:
When my Vortech was installed, the engine had 113.000 miles on it. The engine was in good mechanical shape plus I have a daily driver so I toy with the Cobra occaisonally. Keep the boost low. You know what the engine is like from going inside it , go for it. You will like the increase in power.

How much boost do you have, do you have an intercooler, and what kinda power do you make?

Since I've discovered that I can get a new Novi 1000 for $3200, I'm really thinking about going that way. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread