Love bugs etched clear coat on bumper

mikestoyz

Established Member
I have a rotary buffer, but even with a wool pad and some 3m compound, the marks are still visible in light.

What would be the best course of action here? Wet sand?
Or just remove the bumper and have the whole thing re cleared?

dom418

Established Member
My company is located in Covington, love it down there. Anyway, it sounds like you now have clear coat failure which means a respray. You may want to try to wet sand but take it a detail shop and they will tell you for sure if it can be corrected. If you get a respray, invest in a clear bra for your front bumper to keep it looking like new. Good luck and post pics if you can

mikestoyz

Established Member
My company is located in Covington, love it down there. Anyway, it sounds like you now have clear coat failure which means a respray. You may want to try to wet sand but take it a detail shop and they will tell you for sure if it can be corrected. If you get a respray, invest in a clear bra for your front bumper to keep it looking like new. Good luck and post pics if you can

I even bought unlimited car washes during the time, thinking that would prevent issues. Apparently without close inspection and fresh wax applied weekly, I failed.

Anyone who deals with love bugs needs chemical guys bug remover. It's a completely different animal. Wish I had gotten this before they started.
I'm gonna do some sanding in a spot to see the results:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread