Louisiana/Mississippi Lightning Owners!

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Please check in. How'd you make out with Katrina? I hope everybody and their trucks are safe and sound. Serious situation in New Orleans. :eek:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Good thread. I was waiting to see a Lightning below water on the news last night.

I hope everyone made out okay.

fatwake2000

Established Member
best of luck to everyone. it is a mess there right. i know what your going through had a 100 foot oak tree fall with in two feet of my mothers car last year during one of the three that hit us. my truck normally went right where it fell but something told me it would be safer in the street then by our wooded back yard. glad i did that. best of luck everyone!

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
well, i guess i'm the first MS'n to post. i'm in jackson, but it did get pretty bad here. i couldn't imagine being on the coast. my g/f had 2 or 3 trees up-root in her front yard, and one in her back yard. luckly they fell away from the house.

i'll get some pics later.

on thing that has sucked is we don't have cable here, so me and some buddy's have just been drinking in the dorm rooms for the past couple days. and we'll start back up later tonight, class was canceled again.

oh well, i'm leaving for vagas thursday.

later
chiz

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
After watching the news I don't think most of the people really affected will be posting for awhile.

Unbelieveable. It really puts everything in perspective.....

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
What about the guy from la that has the built motor just put in. I know theres quite a few from down there on here. Our crews are leaving tomorow to go stage in mobile for the cleanup. Hope all is well for everyone in the L community there.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Thousands, and thousands and thousands of people lost everything they had.....Hopefully most of them at least still have there families. Just a very serious situation. Just keep everyone in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and anyone else who was affected by Katrina in your prayers!! And hope for the best!!!

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
Katrina at Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS

A friend of mine is there right now. It’s amazing the amount of damage that they have sustained.
110454808.jpg

110454800.jpg

110454787.jpg

110454772.jpg

110454762.jpg

110454749.jpg

110454732.jpg

110454718.jpg

110454708.jpg

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
its nothing like whats pictured above, here in jackson. you can't even tell it's rained here actually. just a bunch of limbs and trees knocked down.

you know, with all the people fighting and argueing over gas it kinda makes you wonder about things in the future with the oil prices going up etc.

today í encountered an arguement b/t a male and female over butting infront of each other at the pumps that had no gas. then a buddy came in later today and told me practically the same thing.

its bullcrap that this stuff happens. i guess when you mix diffrent cultures at despret times, this happens.

all the gas stations are out around here and i think most in jackson. we road around about an hour tonight trying to find one that had gas.

good times :cheers:

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Am I the only guy that noticed that 05 GTO sitting there submerged?

558027_319_full.jpg

I understand/sympathise with the human loss involved, but damn think about the number of cars lost down there. I'd be scared to shop on ebay for a used car anytime soon.

BTW, I'm in the Coast Guard and am being deployed down there tomorrow. Flying into Dallas then driving over to the zone. I'll hit you guys up with some pics once I get back.

svt_racing

Established Member
WOW...I still can't belive what has happend. So many people lost everything...others that still actually have a home dont even have power and wont for like 2 weeks.

CarolinaL

Indifferent SVT Poster
Established Member
I hope everyone is ok. To make things worse the gas prices have climbed as high as 3.99 a gallon and more in romote areas. This is only hurting the areas already devestated from the flooding. People here in SC are panicing and driving to the pumps. Many local stations are running out of fuel while others continue to raise their prices. I went into the store and when I came out thirty minutes later the price had went up 10 cents at the station by the store.

ACollins

Established Member
Well im from Baton Rouge and there flying in the rescued people to lsu. Everyone from new orleans and surrounding areas lost everything, I know that there are a few members that might need some help, we should do something.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I agree, SVTP members should step in and help any way we can. There are not just fellow L and SVT family members down there boys, there are people. Is there anyway and admin can help to organize some stuff for us to do? I am on board!

fakesnake408

Established Member
I hope they get to the people in time so no one else dies. I wish I could go down and help out. You know what makes me mad wathching people steal tvs and other electrical stuff where are you going to put it. Take the stuff you need to stay alive. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread