Louisiana Locals?

DaJoker

Never Serious...Seriously
Established Member
Metairie here. Wish I woulda found this thread 2 weeks ago I would've loved to meet up at the Lakefront. I haven't done that since Katrina. Got an 89 Turbo Trans Am and an 89 LX 5.0 vert. Got a buddy with an 03 Black pushing well over 500 rwhp, his car looks stock but always has bald ass d/r's on it:lol1:. I will be checking often to see if there is another meet once the weather warms up, I'll bring some friends too. PS I may have seen LuDamiKE81 at NPR a while back. If its him he broke the halfshaft's on his 1st pass. Nice to have some LOCALS!!!

DaJoker

Established Member
We have been going out there every sunday around 2. Trying to jumpstart the lake again.

Provided the weather is good I'll be lookin for a group of Mustangs!!:rolling::beer: You may know my buddy Joe with the Black 03 Cobra, I think he said you guys went to school together? I don't wanna give out his last name so if you need it pm me.

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Yeah i know joe. Saw him at the world of wheels saturday. We need some more mustangs out there. The guys at my shop don't drive their's out that much. It's a long ride at 45 on the interstate.

DaJoker

Established Member
LOL about the 45mph. I hope the weather is good for Sunday! May have to hook up with you, I need some 3.73's for my vert, its got 2.73's now and they SUCK!

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Nice to have some LOCALS!!!

welcome aboard!

I was at the lake front a couple weeks ago. I was proud to be the slowest person from this site there haha. Got to put some faces to the names though. I had a blast! I might make it this sunday if some of yall are going. But i need to clean my truck up though. With all this crappy weather, it's filthy!:cuss:

DaJoker

Established Member
welcome aboard!

I was at the lake front a couple weeks ago. I was proud to be the slowest person from this site there haha. Got to put some faces to the names though. I had a blast! I might make it this sunday if some of yall are going. But i need to clean my truck up though. With all this crappy weather, it's filthy!:cuss:

When I bring my LX out there you will no longer be the slowest!!!:beer: I can't bring the TA to a Ford get together!

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
We've been going out there at 2 ish. The lake used to be a fun bad ass sunday afternoon, but it went to crap after the hurricane. We've been getting more and more people come out there.

Last weekend we had the show of all show's out there. There was a lunatic that strayed from the psycho ward to the lake. ONe of the guys was chasing him....literally had him running around screaming...with a gas powered remote control truck. My god i was crying it was so funny.

LS1EATR

Established Member
Yeah i know joe. Saw him at the world of wheels saturday. We need some more mustangs out there. The guys at my shop don't drive their's out that much. It's a long ride at 45 on the interstate.

Dont forget race fuel isnt cheap either. And BTW i can go faster than 45 !:burn:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Metairie here. Wish I woulda found this thread 2 weeks ago I would've loved to meet up at the Lakefront. I haven't done that since Katrina. Got an 89 Turbo Trans Am and an 89 LX 5.0 vert. Got a buddy with an 03 Black pushing well over 500 rwhp, his car looks stock but always has bald ass d/r's on it:lol1:. I will be checking often to see if there is another meet once the weather warms up, I'll bring some friends too. PS I may have seen LuDamiKE81 at NPR a while back. If its him he broke the halfshaft's on his 1st pass. Nice to have some LOCALS!!!

YES! twas me i have gone sra since. :burnout: Who said nittos dont hook? :shrug:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
YES! twas me i have gone sra since. :burnout: Who said nittos dont hook? :shrug:

Im going to be going back soon if a certain friend would let a certain friend borrow some e/t's on some stock cobra wheels wheres the gobblin?. Since i adjusted my clutch pedal (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389553( I can shift the car now. I think everyone should try this before you buy a quadrant and adjuster, plus with the -100lbs and 3.73's in the sra its going to be fun. I went 12.0s with 1.9 60's stock shifter, h/e, pos jlp rai, no idler with a 1/8th in the 8.+. Its going to be fun. :rockon:

whoops dbL

DaJoker

Established Member
Oops....hope it does rain (for me anyway), this Sunday will be Superbowl Sunday. Alot of people may stay home and watch the game.:shrug:

so9956

Established Member
welcome aboard!

i'm in the metairie area, i gotta get out there with ya so you won't be the only L

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Weather permitting i'll be out there on the bike. Car is still strapped to the dyno till monday. Issue after issue after issue.

Users who are viewing this thread