Loudest possible exhaust set up

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
Just looking for opinions on which catback system for the 5.0 is loudest , i currently have a off road x pipe with flow master outlaws which to me is insanely loud but i want even louder are corsas louder? Or another set up maybe?

5.0s 4 ever

Established Member
Roush axle back are extremely loud. I ran that with Kooks long tubes, O/R H-pipe, and Lethal OAPs, it was insanely loud, could hear it a mile away. Got tired of it after a week, neighbors will hate you, cops will love you

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Damn man, Off road X and outlaws aren't loud enough for you? If you want it a lot louder just delete the resonators. I had O/R X, lethal over axle pipes without resonators and the outlaws. That was the most obnoxiously loud, raspy and ear bleeding setup I think I've ever heard on any car. Needless to say the resonators went back on within 10 minutes. Even then the outlaws and off road x where deafening. You get tired of the loudness eventually, trust me

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
i dont have resonators never did had this setup over 7 months now havent gotten tires of it yet lol so might as well go louder

11gtcs

Established Member
I personally don't mind some rasp from these modern coyote engines. Thats just how they sound, especially with a O/R X pipe.. Maybe you should try a O/R H pipe if you don't like rasp. Now if we were talking about a 1976 460 big block then that would be a different story about rasp but that's just my opinion. So you want loud?

1. Open headers.
2. LT headers with O/R X or H dumped before the axle pointed down or side exit.
3. Same as #2 but add in some straight through mufflers of your choice.

Last edited:

noldevin

Established Member
"Loudest possible" usually sounds like garbage :/
Are you sure you want pure volume over some sound quality and tone?

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Just looking for opinions on which catback system for the 5.0 is loudest , i currently have a off road x pipe with flow master outlaws which to me is insanely loud but i want even louder are corsas louder? Or another set up maybe?

I've got long tubes, catless X pipe, and heartthrob from there. Car can be heard from over 3 miles away. That's the furthest my brother and I tested it and I could hear it clearly. I'll sometimes race my dad in his 2014 5.0 and I'll sometimes mess him up because he can't hear his own car.

GBCoyote

Established Member
3in MagnaFlow X pipe, 3in MagnaFlow catback. No cats, no resonators, no mufflers. Straight piped. It's loud as all get out.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Muffler deletes, LT Headers, x-pipe and only baffled by some dynomax resonators. The resonators cut the rasp, but the car is insanely loud.

Users who are viewing this thread