Loudest exhaust!?

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
What exhaust set up is the loudest out there.? Of course without sounding raspy like a V6 ?

I currently have flowmaster outlaws with no resonators & x pipe but soon will be going to a 3" off road x pipe
how loud will this be?

Are there louder set ups ?

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Catless makes a huge difference lol if you want ear piercing, Roush has a higher pitch. But will sound raspy...

20redfire03

Established Member
With the off-road x it will be loud. My friend did cat delete with a flowmaster outlaw catback, so basically 3" all the way back, and it was a terrible ride home depending on the rpm. My car with outlaw axle back only is silent in comparison.

tek302

Established Member
I have Roush mufflers and cat deletes, fukn loud! Sounds like a drive by on deceleration and sounds like a horde ofmechanical panthers screaming with anything close to half throttle. It's amazing

DsG Cobra 03

Established Member
I have Roush mufflers and cat deletes, fukn loud! Sounds like a drive by on deceleration and sounds like a horde ofmechanical panthers screaming with anything close to half throttle. It's amazing

is it raspy though cuz my outlaws just keep going higher and higher with zero rasp and it's very loud now I'm looking for something louder but keeps its tone

RR5.0

Established Member
I have muffler deletes with off road x pipe and stock resonators. Im about to drop in some m80s or magnapacks in place of the resos. But it sounds insane right now. 7500 rpm is crazy awesome!

Famine

Established Member
Out of my budget right about now the long tubes looking for a very loud cat back so Lm1 are louder then outlaws. ?

I'm sure they're about the same being that they eliminate the mufflers. Catless regardless of the longtubes for the time being then. Then get rid of the resonators. Or if you want stupid loud, just dump them after the x pipe.

GT915

Established Member
I realize that this a different car and setup, but a friend of mine had a 03 Mach I with full o/r slp and Lm1s. I like a loud exhaust and i found this thing offensive. Deafening and completely without any tone. I hated even being near it when he fired it up. I didn't even like him to come over cuz I knew the neighbors had to hate it.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I know this is not what you're looking for but I bought an MRT boss Hpipe and kooks side pipes with electric cutouts used on the forums for a good price. They bring the noise right up by your ears. At wide open, cutouts and throttle, it's crazy loud and decel is awesome with all the crackling and popping. Plus with the cutouts, I can close them when I roll into our neighborhood and when I start it in the morning so it's just GT500's out the back. Doesn't bother anybody.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
If you're trying to get it to sound like an LS or older mod motor, mufflers won't do it. Coyotes just have a higher pitch because of its funky firing order

Tim Comer

Established Member
Cat and resonator deletes coupled with Flowmaster Hushpowers will get you a loud car with a deep tone. Might try the Hushpowers with the resonators deleted first. When you delete the cats, the car will have the same tone, just a lot louder. Stick with the H-pipe.

prn1972

Established Member
Jba 1 7/8 long tubes, Jba o/r h-pipe, Magnaflow 3" bullets ( in place of resonators ) on Lethal Performance over the axle pipes, Roush axle back. It's very loud but not bad at all at cruising speeds. Without resonators it sounded like shit. It was way too raspy & high pitched. So I added the Magnaflow bullets which fixed the problem. It has a nice loud, deep muscle car sound. And I prefer an h-pipe for a deeper sound. X-pipes tend to be more raspy & high pitched. Here is a video at the airport......https://youtu.be/A6d1BTrcgWA

Users who are viewing this thread