Louder mufflers than Magnaflow

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
Hi, I have a Magnaflow catted X-Pipe and a Magnaflzow catback (NOT the magnapack) system. I want to have more sound.. I find my cobra too quiet compared to my 2002 gt with full MAC exhaust. I think the best and cheapest way to get more sound would be to change the 2 mufflers in the catback. Which mufflers are louder than the Magnaflow ones? I want muffler that fits right in. No welding.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
I had the exact same setup and wanted more sound as well. I ended up swapping the xpipe for a Mac prochamber hpipe and kept the catback. I love the sound now. It's a little louder but way deeper.

cj428mach

Established Member
off road Xpipe. You can probably get a cheap off road pipe and sell your magnaflow catted xpipe and probably break even or maybe turn a profit.

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
I had the exact same setup and wanted more sound as well. I ended up swapping the xpipe for a Mac prochamber hpipe and kept the catback. I love the sound now. It's a little louder but way deeper.
Must be a good set up, I really liked MAC on my GT

off road Xpipe. You can probably get a cheap off road pipe and sell your magnaflow catted xpipe and probably break even or maybe turn a profit.
The prob is that I live in Quebec, Canada. Everything cost the double...A 300$ O/R Xpipe will cost me around 600$ CAN with shipping , taxes and USD -CAN$rate
That's why I am looking to change the mufflers , cheaper..

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Stingers with that mid pipe sound good. A off road X would make your set up loud as well.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
ProChamber with MagnaPacks is what I have, loud killer sound with no drone at any speed. No headers either though.

Actually have people follow me to find out what exhaust combo I have.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I had magnaflow cat-back and magnaflow catted X. I took the cat-back off and replaced with SLP Loudmouth I. I get a ton of compliments, and though nobody has ever had anything bad to say after hearing it, some people on here are critical of SLP Loudmouth.

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
For anyone browsing, how do Magnapacks compare to SLPLM1?

I have those with an offroad prochamber, and they are too raspy / police magnet.

Last edited:

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Pdube, no drone with stock exhaust manifolds, Mac Pro Chamber into10 year old Magnapacks. Pretty loud, I pulled away from a light next to a cop, no issues in Nc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread