Loud Squeaking Sound From Rear

strickensix

Whistlin'
Established Member
There is a loud squeaking sound coming from the rear of the car. Ive checked the seats, the headrests, the hardboard cover, toolbox, jack, and spoiler. Its pretty loud and can hear it when driving on a bumpy road and when I shut the door, it makes a squeak.

Any idea what it is?

EDIT: The trunk was fully dynomatted before and I never noticed it, yet however (as you can see the other thread) there is a problem with the gas tank.

Last edited:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Possible squeaky bushing? My filler neck gasket thing, where the filler neck meets the gas tank was crap and was leaking gas. So I had to replace that. I doubt it is that though.

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I had the same thing. I took off the back interior deck cover and tightened all of the bolts holding things together back there, as well as the stereo stuff mounted in that area. Fixed it for me.

MAXX RS4

Established Member
I had a similar problem.. It turned out to be the loop that the ebrake cables go through.

The rubber lining was worn out and the cable was making a squeak/hoot noise everytime i went over bumps.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I have to cover the trunk lid u-hinge with a piece of plastic so it will not squeak when I close the trunk. Try that real quick before you get your hands dirty

Users who are viewing this thread