Loud squeak from front driver side area

DropTopSnake

Serious Power Addiction!
Established Member
Guys,
I just moved back into the country and picked up my Cobra. I had it tuned and running perfectly in December when I was home for Christmas.

I picked it up a couple days ago and immediately noticed a pretty loud squeak (you can hear from within the car and outside the car) coming from the front, left suspension area. It is getting progressively worse everyday it seems. At first, when I would go over large bumps or speed bumps...that was the only time I could hear it. Now, I am hearing it with any "change of elevation"...so small hills, bumps, inclines, etc are causing it to squeak.

I'm not very knowledgable on suspension components...so any advice is appreciated. Is it the shocks, bushings, springs, struts????

Thanks for any help.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Possibly that steering rack bushing squeak that some cars have. Do some searching and see what you can find out. Seems like most people reported hearing that squeak when turning however.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
DropTopSnake said:
Guys,
I just moved back into the country and picked up my Cobra. I had it tuned and running perfectly in December when I was home for Christmas.

I picked it up a couple days ago and immediately noticed a pretty loud squeak (you can hear from within the car and outside the car) coming from the front, left suspension area. It is getting progressively worse everyday it seems. At first, when I would go over large bumps or speed bumps...that was the only time I could hear it. Now, I am hearing it with any "change of elevation"...so small hills, bumps, inclines, etc are causing it to squeak.

I'm not very knowledgable on suspension components...so any advice is appreciated. Is it the shocks, bushings, springs, struts????

Thanks for any help.

I've got it, too. Haven't had it to the shop yet, but most guys guessed it was the steering rack bushings, so that's what I'm gonna suggest to the shop. Mine's like a creak when you go over certain irregularities (ie. different from the "chirp" of a worn-out TOB, cause I've already had one of those before).

If you get it fixed, let me know if that's what it was :)

NateV8

Established Member
Sorry for bringing back an old post, but did anyone find out how to fix this squeak? I just started having this problem in my Cobra a few weeks ago and I can't figure out whats making the noise.
:shrug:

BlueMach1

Stang Family
Established Member
My car has the same problem except its on the right side...and yes it only happens when it goes over speedbumps and when i hit potholes which i try to avoid but sometimes can't...yeah what exactly is the problem for those guys who have had this checked out

Users who are viewing this thread