Loud Shrieking Noise

EVO ETR03

Topless
Established Member
My TOB started to make noise a few weeks back. The other day i pulled up in front of my house and it sounded like something broke. If i start my car it makes a loud shrieking noise that will not go away if the clutch pedal is in or out. Do u guys think this is a transmission issue or a motor issue? Im hoping its just a trans issue (IE TOB) . Today i went ahead and ordered the Mcleod RXT, the spec faceplate for my aluminum flywheel, a new FRPP TOB, pilot bearing, lethal sleeve and adjustable pivot ball. If it was a motor issue there would be a rough idle or some other signs correct?

Avispa

Established Member
You may have a broken TOB support sleeve. I had that happen to me 2 years ago. It was some miracle that the clutch still worked, but every so often a loud shrieking noise would come up.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Odd are that you broke the TOB retainer. D&D has them for $99.00, there is also a Pilot bearing in the back of the crank that can go toast. Talk to D&D they can help you figure it out.

nooner

Established Member
Mine made what seems like the same loud metal on metal screeching noise that would not go away, a horrible sound. Turned out the TOB totally let loose and welded itself to the TOB retainer sleeve. The ball bearings were rolling around in the bottom of the case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread