Lots of work, would like some Advice and Video!!!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Well I fonally took the Cobra out to the track this weekend after my SRA swap with 4.56's. All i have to say is that I have a lot of work to do. I have a video linked and let me know what you think My best pass of the day was a 12.82 @ 110.4 with a 1.9 60' I have yet to figure out the car since I have done the SRA swap and where she likes to launch. It seems my suspension is WAAAAAAY to stiff, I don't get any weight transfer what so ever and my 30 profile Hoosiers are nice but I think I will need a lot taller sidewall tire for what I am wanting to do. Hopefully soon I will get some Dark Stars for her.

So I am looking for some advice of what suspension I should go with. Fully Adjustable shocks/struts will be on my list but what springs should I go with. I am really not looking into coilovers just yet but I may have to go with that. Launching as well...I am not too familiar with where they like to launch with stickies and my 4.56's. I was thinking well abover 4k rpm

And yes I beat with 240 in this video....silly turbo cars and it was right hand drive :coolman:

http://youtu.be/aGC8ULLq5EY

lindermant

Established Member
- strange single adjustable front struts
- strange single adjustable rear shocks
- drag spring (front/rear) - contact Team Z motorsports and ask their recommendation.
- 15" skinnies up front with a bias ply front runner (lighter than a radial)
- 15x8 rear wheel with a BIAS PLY rear tire (Mickey Thompson ET street, or Hoosier QTP). Bias ply is very forgiving with a manual transmission

you mentioned UPR upper control arms, what lower control arms are you running? If the rear upper/lower control arms are adjustable, look into tuning your anti-squat/instant center (read here). With the suspension dialed in and the right tires, there's no reason you can't launch off the rev limiter and knock out 1.6x 60's or better (with a related drop in ET).

if money isn't a concern, I'd go with this kit and some sticky rear tires and call it a day...

good luck!

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I am planning on running 15x8 darkstars and probably the 17x4.5 so I won't have to dick with the fronts. Yes I have UPR control arms and they are non-adjustable. Thanks for the info!!! I was thinking about that kind of suspension setup but wasn't too sure about it.

lindermant

Established Member
it'll take time, but it's worth it in the end. If possible, get your cameraman closer so you can better see what's going on with the car, and edit them to show slow motion (youtube can slow vids down 8x):

fullspeed
[youtube_browser]5JzHG3oRQMs[/youtube_browser]

slow motion
[youtube_browser]109lSnicrAk[/youtube_browser]

03machstock

Established Member
Didn't get to see the burnout but how did it hook, Bog or spin? Hard to tell watching on my phone. your mph seems pretty low for your set up., where are you located? Stock mach 1 rear springs hook pretty good and can be picked up for pretty cheap.

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Last night I took her out for the last time of the season. I got a 12.61 at 111.8 with a 60' of 1.86. I am hoping for my big/little setup by next season and maybe a different spring, shock and struts setup.

Users who are viewing this thread