Lots of Mystichromes for sale lately!

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
The car is 11-12 years old and a good chunk of the people who bought them originally had no idea what they were buying. It could also be that since they are getting older, people are starting to look into having them repainted and that Mystichrome paint isn't cheap nor easy to do.

Buddy just had his done and it was $10k+. And wasn't even doing the engine bay or the inside of the trunk. And finding a painter who can apply that color right is a PITA!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's a cycle. When I was looking there weren't many for sale. As soon as I bought mine a bunch popped up. Checked a little while later and the amount for sale had dropped off again.

oldmodman

Established Member
Are any of the super low mileage Coupes that were always kept parked indoors and only driven when it was bone dry?

And totally stock? Those are the cars that people want to buy. There are plenty of ragged out, high mileage, modded to death fifth owner cars out there. It's the like new all stock cars that I never see for sale.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Considering there were over a 1000 coupes and verts made its a high number colored car......Plus the fact that it's just a cycle as mentioned above...

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I wouldn't say it's not rare and there are always a bunch for sale. I watch for Mystichrome cars and they come up for sale periodically. I have only seen one other one in person, so to me, they are rare.

Each year, it gets harder to find nice examples of Mystichrome cars. One day they will be a good collector car. It's more than a simple color combo. It's a color changing combo with matching interior.

I think I'll take mine for a spin today.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
its not a rare combo.......there are always a bunch for sale

Oh now Ian, how often do you see one driving down the road? Don't be like the CO crowd chest thumping for attention. 1,010 cars built spread across the entire country translates into a color combo you won't see very often.

dbrennancobra

Established Member
I saw 5 at a single car show this year (tasca) one was the paul walker saleen Mystichrome and one was mine. And three others ranging from 20k miles to 60k miles. Mine had 8k miles all stock. And the saleen... Damn!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't see a lot of them around here. I'm usually the only one locally. There were 4 at the last Fabulous Fords Forever. Probably the most I've seen in one spot.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
The car is 11-12 years old and a good chunk of the people who bought them originally had no idea what they were buying. It could also be that since they are getting older, people are starting to look into having them repainted and that Mystichrome paint isn't cheap nor easy to do.

Buddy just had his done and it was $10k+. And wasn't even doing the engine bay or the inside of the trunk. And finding a painter who can apply that color right is a PITA!!

That's not true any good painter can paint mystichrome I just had a bunch of stuff on my car painted in mystichrome. Yes it's expensive paint but My painter was telling me that it covers really well and it's actually pretty easy to work with and that's the first time he has seen or worked with that paint. Everything turned out amazing and matched perfect but took some time cuz he had to hand sand everything in my engine bay.

Last edited:

03slaminator

Established Member
I paint, I've never painted MC before but I've played around with a lot of color changing paint. My bet would be MC is very easy to paint. If it wasn't so expensive I'd go get me some just to toy around with. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread