Lots of interior noise while driving???

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Maybe I just didn't notice before but lately I'm really noticing alot of noise making its way into the cabin. And its not even exhaust, I just have weld in flows so they aren't even really loud until like over 3000 rpm. It seems to be just a TON of drivetrain noise. Now I know that my Triax is a huge cause of this, and as soon as I have funds for the MGW I'm switching... but this can't be the root of all my problems. It seems like I have to turn the stock mach 460 up to half just to hear the radio clearly. CDs are much louder and are a different story, but I'm just trying to give you guys something to gauge it off of.

I hear lots of tranny noise, but most of the annoyance seems to be coming from the rear. Its not like my rear ended is whining like the differential has something messed up... more of just like a steady "whoosh" noise coming from the rear. I have a theory it may be the rear brakes just dragging too much as the rear rotors are always slightly hotter than the fronts after a drive. But I wouldn't know how to correct this since we already dabbed the sliders on the calipers with antisieze so it they wouldn't hang up. I think the rears are actually designed to hang up a little bit by their design, correct me if I'm wrong.

I really don't know what else to say, other than to ask you guys if its pretty normal to have this much interior noise while driving? I wonder if just swapping the shifter the MGW will really solve alot of this or not.

Paul

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I found that if the rear seat backs are folded down, a lot of noise came in from the trunk.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Yea it''s getting on my nerves too. A lot of road noise. I was thinking about adding some dynomatting to the trunk in the quarter. Some in the spare wheel well too. It's adding weight,but I'm willing to sacrifce a little for a better ride to work everyday. :idea:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I went with the MGW shifter and have not noticed any extra noise over what I had with the stock shifter. I have read numerous complaints about the Steeda Tri-ax and the 5.0 shifter letting alot of tranny noise into the cabin. How long have you had the Steeda?

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I've had the Triax for over a year, and it has always been noisy. But for some reason the cabin noise is really getting on my nerves lately. Makes me jealous of the 05 owners, I've driven a few 05s and they are honestly comparable to something like a BMW as far as road noise goes.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread