Lost to 76mm turbo stang... then he blew up. Sucks.

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Rematch of a few weeks ago when he blew up LAST time... but I won that race. He went from 68mm turbo to 76mm with new pistons+rods... and blew up again. Methinks his tuner sucks... intake is bone dry, so he lost a ring or a piston. Car's been out of the machine shop/tuner less then two weeks. Unfortunate.

DietcokevsTurboStang2 - YouTube

Edit: Added this sideline video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10qx2X-cXSI

Last edited:

sdg97232

Established Member
damn that suckssss! would love to see a good clean run from you two, you both have BEASTLY cars for sure! I can see the youtube morons warming up now to start bashing the mustang for the engine failure :nonono:

Last edited:

97snakebite

Established Member
damn thats sucks..not once but twice!!! did he do a proper break in?? if not then he is running lean and poppin the motor

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
That guys has no luck. I know he is probably at that point where he wants to return it to stock, sell it and start over with something new? Who tunes his car by the way?

Last edited:

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
Rematch of a few weeks ago when he blew up LAST time... but I won that race. He went from 68mm turbo to 76mm with new pistons+rods... and blew up again. Methinks his tuner sucks... intake is bone dry, so he lost a ring or a piston. Car's been out of the machine shop/tuner less then two weeks. Unfortunate.

Thats some damn good video OP, what camera and mount are you using?

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Ooof.... He's gotta be ready to shoot someone.. That sucks, how many miles since rebuild?
He's gotta know Coke beats Pepsi

Last edited:

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Thats some damn good video OP, what camera and mount are you using?

It's a gopro hero2 recording in full 1080p. Quality is much better then the original hero (I have both, my regular hero was actually facing the rear, just in case). I have a permanent mount in the front and rear corners of my roof for them to just slide on, since I've already figured out the exact angle. :rockon:

Preliminary word is he just lifted a head. Hopefully it's that simple.

danbogart

Established Member

Did you see it or did you talk to Matt today? I said something on s197 about what the guys that had talked to matt/were there said and Marc (tms) jumped my ass. I feel really bad for Matt. If it's too bad, I've got a decent bottom end for him if he can get the scratch together.

DietCoke

Slow Turtle
Established Member
Did you see it or did you talk to Matt today? I said something on s197 about what the guys that had talked to matt/were there said and Marc (tms) jumped my ass. I feel really bad for Matt. If it's too bad, I've got a decent bottom end for him if he can get the scratch together.

**** TMS if they don't realize everyone's going to add their 0.03 CDN. It's all hearsay until the engine is pulled apart anyway.

Things we know:

Turbo is fine
Intake is dry of oil.
Smokes out valve cover
Blew off breather
Exhaust has lots of oil in it and oily smell
Engine doesnt really make any odd noises
Boost alarm went off (20 psi)

All of which point to head gasket. For some reason the motor didnt have studs in it (lol?)
Other then that... who knows

Last edited:

danbogart

Established Member
**** TMS if they don't realize everyone's going to add their 0.03 CDN. It's all hearsay until the engine is pulled apart anyway.

Things we know:

Turbo is fine
Intake is dry of oil.
Smokes out valve cover
Blew off breather
Exhaust has lots of oil in it and oily smell
Engine doesnt really make any odd noises
Boost alarm went off (20 psi)

All of which point to head gasket. For some reason the motor didnt have studs in it (lol?)
Other then that... who knows

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. When I get my junk together you're gonna have to give me a crack at that bowtie. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread