Lost To 04 Sssnake!!

CHICOSVT

Established Member
Well my buddy recently got himself a cobra which came with High-Flow Cats, BORLA catback, short shifter and steeda intake. I have an 03 L with 6#,ported blower, intake, catback and custom tune.

Well we only raced once but the difference was enough to have concluded the outcome of anymore races.

We went from a 60 roll and i never had a chance he got me by about 3 cars. That mutha is fast.

Damn!!! i gotta be honest i want me another mustang but there is no way i would get rid of the L :rockon: . Guess i gotta start saving some $$$.

Anyone else raced a 03-04 cobra in there L??

04 Sonic Blue L

Sittin on 23s
Established Member
you should have got him from a dig. . yea i raced a cobra at a 30 mph roll kept with him for like .005 of a sec. it's that 6 speed we can't touch them !!

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
I never raced one but I've rode in my buddies parents Roush 440A Mustang. If the '03-'04 Cobra is anything like those, watch out! :eek:

URBAN COWBOY

Migdiesel

Bring It!
Established Member
I raced a stock 04 from a 30 MPH roll and we stayed next to each other til about 100 then we had to let off.

H46D

Shark attacks up
Established Member
Never run a 03-04 Cobra from a roll unless you are at least 450 SAE , that is to keep up w/ him. Your best bet is from a dig and you want to be done by a 1/4 tops. 1/4 traps on 03-04 Cobras stock are good. The driver has a lot to do w/ it. But from a roll even a novice cant get nervous.

Stock 03-04 Cobras do not worry me in the 1/4 , but the modded ones can ruin your day.But than again who has a stock Cobra these days?

Like Clint Eastwood said " A man has gotta know his limitations" :beer:

Last edited:

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Sure he doesn't have a pulley??? I ran a 03 cobra that was stock from a 60 punch and held with it until around 90 or so when the L hits OD and areodynamics starts to take over. Sounds to me like he ran pretty hard for only having intake and exhaust with no pulley, specialy with your 6lb lower and ported blower. At that time I had stock pulleys and a stock tune with just a CAI and exhaust. Doesn't really add up to me

Jason

purepreshasvt

PIRATE
Established Member
haha sorry buddy, thats just a lil test for ya until i get my twin babies in a few weeks and we'll go at it again until then just lay low... j/k but from a dig of course u'll get me cause i aint got any good tires but i will b gettin them in about 3 weeks and we'll try it from a dig im a good sport sometime ya win and sometime ya lose i dont mind losin as it is cause basically it aint got nothing done to it yet so at least i know i can hang with a few thats already had some stuff done 2 their L...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
not suprising really. the terminators are badass. 12 second cars stock, and racing from a roll like you did is crazy. the L's arent meant to be racing from a roll. we have torque monsters so you need to race an L in its environment, the 1/4. from a dig you could take him even if he had good rubber with a #6 on your truck. but after the 1/4 you gotta watch out.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone let me know where you guys in Miami are. I cant find any other L's or Cobras to save my life. And have yet to run a car after i got tuned. Would like to meet up and talk shit for a bit.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I want a push button stall damn it. It would be perfect for roll racing. Stall the bad boy up in 2nd at about 60, let go and launch. (I doubt it would work but I can dream and technology is improving.)

BelvedereGTX

Banned
H46D said:
Stock 03-04 Cobras do not worry me in the 1/4 , but the modded ones can ruin your day.But than again who has a stock Cobra these days?

:
I have stock blower setup still, I have no plans of modding it either. Im sure you guys would stomp the crap out of my ride. I cant race worth a damn, so i just cruise when the weather is nice. Other than that the car sits in the garagemost of the time. Go look at dodgetruckworld.com forums. Those guys with there hemi trucks talk so much crap about how they can stomp mustang gt's and lightnings stock for stock. I had a shortbed hemi and it was a turd.

boca ron

Banned
FleeMan said:
Someone let me know where you guys in Miami are. I cant find any other L's or Cobras to save my life. And have yet to run a car after i got tuned. Would like to meet up and talk shit for a bit.
come to moroso on wed nights plenty of shit talkin there true or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread