Lost my keys

wesleymelford

Established Member
There is a way to reprogram a new blank PATS key to your car without bringing it to the dealership, provided you already have 2 working PATS keys and you get a blank 3rd key made. But since you dont have both programmed keys, it will not let you program a 3rd.

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
Just happend to me with the 01 expedition i bought.

There is a way to reprogram a new blank PATS key to your car without bringing it to the dealership, provided you already have 2 working PATS keys and you get a blank 3rd key made. But since you dont have both programmed keys, it will not let you program a 3rd.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Should cost somewhere between $50=$75 for the key and the programming. If I were you, i'd get 2 made, then you will be able to program a third key yourself.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
DO you have no keys at all?

If so, you are lookin at $250 unless Ford still carries the key codes back that far. They probably will, so call a Ford dealership and ask for parts or service department and tell them you need a key code.

They will need your VIN. Take that code to a Locksmith and he will cut a key for you.

Also, up to 98 you only need one programmed key to be able to on board program a new key.

Users who are viewing this thread