Lost injector gasket ring

1st usa car

Established Member
I swapped injectors months ago... Just getting around to selling the old ones and noticed the gasket on one is missing-- ***small ring on injector side ***

This whole time - no gas smell or leaking gas -- Is this a potential problem if one of my new injectors has 2 rings??

1st usa car

Established Member
it 'might' have gotten stuck in the engine-- unknowing to me -- and the new injector could have 2 lower rings.

I really have no idea-- just noticed it was missing ---

wmfateam

Established Member
If you need another one or two, and can't find them, PM me your address and I can send some out. We have a couple extras at my work.

Mainn

Established Member
I lost an injector o-ring when putting the TVS on. I have no idea where it went, but the car runs fine so I don't worry about it. I just purchased another one from a local parts store (after calling 4/5 to see whether they had it), and put it on.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes they get stuck in the fuel rail. You could have two o-rings on the end of one of the injectors. It happened to me, but I discovered it before I started the car.

Imatk

Established Member
Probably stuck in the fuel rail.

I tore one when I did my TVS install, like Mainn wrote, just went down to the auto parts store and got another one.

Users who are viewing this thread