LOST horses

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
In Jan i hadmy stang dynoed it produced 372 horses with a K&N filter, With 2000 on the clock. On sat 5/8 i ran it again for shits and giggles 6600 on the clock and the factory stal flash Well I wasnt happy 341 1st run 342 on the 2nd and it was running Fat it was in the 9s A/F not sure about what it means But i wanted to get it this info out there to see what everyone thinks.
Should i get ahold of Ford or get a pully and a tune? thanks for the help.

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
pulley and a tune i'd say, you're probably losing a good deal of power from running so rich. Thats just what i like to think... :) i hope someone else can help =D

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I think i want a pully, tune ,full exhaust I have K&N should i invest in a " CAI " . I think some sub frame connectors would help. But if i stay with set up do need the 2.80 to get 450+ hps?

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
i dont think ive seen anyone make 450+ on the stock pulley, so id say you'd probably be on it or at least near it +/- some if you go with a 2.8, also another factor i thought of would be the cooler air in january, but i know it wouldnt be 30hp worth. a CAI never hurt anyone (cold air intake, not sure if you know or why you put the "s) I dont know your level of experience so i dont really know how to gauge my answer, but i hope this helps at all.

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I guess what i was tring to ask was do i have to go that low in pully size 2.80 to get 450 hp if the set up i was looking at would even get that much Hp. Sorry for that lack of info on my part. I what as much Hp i can get safely i dont want to over spin the blower I just to want t have fun I dont do the track thing much, so i would rather have a 3.00ish size and get 100k miles with less that 450 Hps than push my motor to much And hurt something. BTW what is the stock size pully?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread