$$Loss of value after being wrecked??

99cobraclone

Established Member
well what do you mean by wrecked? Do you mean like a salvage title? Either way a car's value goes down no matter the accident, though if its a minor one and repaired flawless it is minor.

SVT TO NV

He has a crack in the front bumber cover and bent inercooler.

CountySoldier- Let them bolt on the new parts and no value will be lost. I know your upset but it`s almost like your not the same person I talked to when I put on your catback.
Tonight I`am getting to know the real you:??:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by CountySoldier
Anyone know the amount of value that is lost for a car that has been wrecked?

Man that's a tough call in this case. It can't help the value when it has been damaged, that's for sure. If the repairs can be done correctly and competently without reporting it it would have to help. But the first & foremost concern is getting the car repaired correctly and competently instead of concerns of a paper trail of this incident, at least if you plan on keeping the car. But I know from experience that one day you plann on keeping the car forever, then the next maybe not, time to sell or trade. I guess you have to make the call if you want Hensler Racing to try to fix it right or not.

SVT TO NV: Cut CountySoldier some slack. How pissed would you be if you were in his shoes? I know I'd be :cuss: also.

CountySoldier

500 RWHP SVT COBRA
Established Member
Ronnie-
I understand you and James are close. I know about alot of stuff that goes on there at that shop from reliable sources. Maybe no value will be lost to you but my car was wrecked, plain and simple. I think I handled it very good. If you two would stop playing games and be straight up with me we could get through this. I hate to be lied to. I think I deserve the truth. James has changed his stories so many times I don't know whats going on. I thank you for your help with the cat-back, you were very cool. However, this is between me and James.

SVT TO NV

MystiChrome Coupe- I would be very upset if it were my car, but I think he is getting a little carried away.

CountySoldier- You have a very , very nice car and I would just like to see it fixed and you be happy.Give them a chance to make it right.

Ronnie Newell

5LiterMustang

Established Member
i read the other thread about the situation, and its not just a matter of the parts or damage, but mostly about principal. There is obviously something going on...

of course i can't assume that someone was trying to have fun with his car, but if that is what happened, then as a friend, the shop owner or whoever did it should just come clean.

SVT TO NV

Scott- Everything I said on the other post about how it happened
is true.Your right , this is between you and James but I want you to know I have not lied about anything. I just don`t want Hensler Racing to have a bad name after this is all over.

Ronnie Newell

stang03svtcobra

he is taken this great.... i would have lost it right then and there i wouldnt want to own the car any more ( but thats me.. my car YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT)

on my 2001 cobra i had a leaky radiator the flat bed strapped it down and cut one of the frame holes... wen to trade it in dealer gave me 2 k less then what i coulda of gotten (damn car fax) i ended up getting an atturny and i got the diffrence from the tow truck co.

and this was very very minor cosmetics under the car.....

good luck county to a fellow ohio'er

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread