Loss of power or just gear limit?

DrTaco

Established Member
Hey all,

Still getting used to my Cobra and thought I'd ask a quick general question before I got worried. Can anyone tell me a certain RPM range that 1st and 2nd gear should be good till in our cars until we start losing power? I'm not talking about being good on fuel, or going WOT or anything, but it feels like around 3,500-4,000RPMs in both 1st and 2nd gear...under slow and steady acceleration.. the car will make a lot of engine whine but then just stop making gains. It's almost like the car's T/C is kicking on or something and not speeding up anymore, it feels like im coasting with lots of noise until I upshift. Hopefully I'm just being retarded and still getting used to her 6 gears.

Thanks for reading

mysticalsnake

Established Member
well, if you're not WOT then it might just be that the car's reaching the point in the RPM range the coincides with how much actual throttle you're giving it i.e. 25% throttle would net you approximately the same RPM in each gear. So it may not be that you're low on power there, but just that the car has nearly reached the limit of which you're allowing it.

Users who are viewing this thread