Loss of Boost

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
Problem started the other day.the car has a 2.8 pulley with 90mm idler. WOT it hits about 14 lbs and holds there untill 5500 or so then drops off to about 8 lbs or so. when the car was tuned for the pulley it made 452 rwhp 470 ftbs. tuesday the car made 396/424. a/f was a safe 11.3-11.5 through out the whole pull (same a/f as original tune). had a 74.5 inch gates belt on it. replaced it with a new 74.5" gates and had the same problem. put a 74" gates on it and have the same problem. car has been pullied for about 3 months and about 3k miles. anybody have any ideas.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
Interesting, I would also like to know what is going on!!! did you check all the vacuum lines, blower bolts torqued down at the correct specs(they might've loosened up!)???

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Eatons usually drop off boost, but that's a lot to dop off. Was it dynoed on the same type of dyno both times? Seeing the same timing? Same/similar temp, weather conditions?

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
Drops down to 8lbs? Thats weird when i got mine tuned with a 2.8 it peaked at 14.2 and dropped down to 12lbs in the upper RPMS. Does it run rough or make any noises? Hope you didn't hurt anything. Did it loose just peak power or power all through the powerband?

Users who are viewing this thread