losing power at 5k RPM

CanuckCobra

Established Member
In the last week I my stock '01 Cobra has developed a problem. It started as a miss at higher rpm say 4500..I thought it might need a new fuel filter so I had it changed today,but it is still doing it...just falls flat on it's face at 5k now it doesn't miss..just loses power and keeps trying to rev..? Any ideas?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
how many miles are on it? Last Tuneup? Last time you ran the tank down to the bottom?

Details help us look into our crystal balls.

Matt

CanuckCobra

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
how many miles are on it? Last Tuneup? Last time you ran the tank down to the bottom?

Details help us look into our crystal balls.

Matt

45,000 miles (70k KMS)

I've had it a year..haven't touched it except for oil changes..Last week it was low on feul..went around a corner quick and it starved..thought i might have sucked up some of the nasty from the bottom of the tank..put in some Lucas injector cleaner ran the tank through..cahnged the fuel filter today..thinking maybe a set of plugs is in order.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I had the same problem i changed out my plugs and found water down in the 8th plug hole. Check the plugs might be time for a change anyway. Screw what ford says about 100k plugs they are in business to sell you cars not sparkplugs. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread