Losing power and missing under boost?

jony51999

Established Member
Problem solved, btw, you should change your fuel filter before the car gets 48k miles on it. I'm not sure how it even ran... :)

I just finished an 2.9 whippled aluminator rebuild (long story) and the only change I made was going back to stock cams from stage 2 and mine is doing this. I’ll check the filter because with the fore triple hat full return setup it shouldn’t miss either. Glad I found this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/losing-power-and-missing-under-boost.830112/

jony51999

Established Member
I just finished an 2.9 whippled aluminator rebuild (long story) and the only change I made was going back to stock cams from stage 2 and mine is doing this. I’ll check the filter because with the fore triple hat full return setup it shouldn’t miss either. Glad I found this thread.

In case anyone else has this issue here’s the fuel filter.
07e5be203369ad8f2d9dcf53492d8045.jpg

jony51999

Established Member
dang, thats a lot of junk in that filter.
why did you ditch the stage 2 cams and whats the long story on the aluminator?

Update 2... looks like the culprit (though the filter was clearly dirty) was the pumps. I called Quantum Fuel though and they are shipping out 3 new pumps ASAP, great customer service.

As for the aluminator, bought the car, had weak compression numbers which turned out to be rings. Pulled engine and disassembled and also found some debris had gone through the engine which scored the cams a bit and the heads. Since they are Livernois stage 2 cnc heads (the good ones not the early batch with bad valve guides) I had them repaired (they line bore the cam journals and now they use a bearing).

Should be back in business this weekend and tune appointment with Lidio on the 10th.

Users who are viewing this thread