Losing boost???? Help

Crusher9008

Established Member
OK I've tried search..I just don't know where else to look.

I've got a 2003 Terminator with a 2.9 Whipple with all supporting mods making 730rwhp. 3.5 upper and 4lb lower with Metco Idlers and a Richard Racing Manual Tensioner. Here's the problem.

As I'm into the throttle in 3rd gear I'm looking at my boost gauge and seeing my boost drop from around 21lbs to about 16-17 lbs at 4800-5000rpm. U can feel the car lose power. Also I'm getting belt dust right above the upper S/C pulley.

How can I fix this and FYI the belt is pretty damn tight.... I don't know how else to tighten it without stretching/ breaking the belt.

Help please!!!

Crusher9008

Established Member
Using a gates green stripe... I have a brand new Gatorback ready as well. As for idler its the full Metco idler set.

However I forgot to mention that my son(2year old ) put his blanket in the engine bay after I had first got the car tuned in the spring. I didn't realize it and shut the hood and went for a spin. The blanket got caught up in the supercharger pulley and idler. Took a while to clear it all out but the only problem was the idler pulley had stopped and the belt (since has been changed) spun on one side of the pulley. After cleaning it up everything seemed good.

LS1toSVT

Established Member
I believe there is a better Gates HD belt that differs from the green stripe. Can someone else confirm this?

LS1toSVT

Established Member
I think the fleet runner is the same as the HD. From what I remember reading in a thread a short time ago its supposed to be better. I'm running the all green gates HD on my 2.3 with no issues but its a different size blower obviously. Might be worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread