Losing All My Money I Could Have Put On A Cobra

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I've only lost $7,500. in my IRA value in the last three weeks. I know there are a LOT of people that have lost tens of that amount, but it still hurts to know that I could have bought a VERY LARGE piece of my next Cobra, instead of losing it ... thanks to some big fat-ass banker/mortgage lender.

I say, "string the MoFos up," then "Book Em.":banana::pepper::banana:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
that really sucks dano.... i guess all you can do is leave it alone and see if it regains value. but im not up to date with IRA's, i do have a 401k, but its in fixed accounts now, not in the market.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Just don't sell, I'm betting you will see half the loss erased in short order. I'm down over 100k. Fugit! :rockon:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Damn Paul ... you're one of the people that lost more than 10X as much as me. Sorry. My $70K won't last too long, at this rate.

Tim Bad news. Hope you hang in there. :beer::rockon::beer:

I'm in the market right now for a full time job.

I hope we all make it ...

Toasty

Established Member
I've only lost $7,500. in my IRA value in the last three weeks. I know there are a LOT of people that have lost tens of that amount, but it still hurts to know that I could have bought a VERY LARGE piece of my next Cobra, instead of losing it ... thanks to some big fat-ass banker/mortgage lender.

I say, "string the MoFos up," then "Book Em.":banana::pepper::banana:

I hear that too Dano. Even tho our economy up here is faring better than most of the G-7 countries I'm still feeling it in my backside.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn Walters, that's terrible.

DO NOT sell. It will regain value in short order. Just be patient.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
you will be fine DANO. I am down about $350,000 right now. It will bounch back in about 2 years.

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I believe it will take years for the market to come back from this nightmare of a week. Last time it crashed in 1929 it took until 1952 or 1954 to come back to the 1929 levels. Japan still hasn't come back from the 1989 crash. Cash out now and reinvest when the market hits bottom. Basically starting over with the lower prices (stocks) there are bargins out there right now and they will probably get even better in the next couple of weeks.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
you will be fine DANO. I am down about $350,000 right now. It will bounch back in about 2 years.
Let's hope... that's quite optimistic from what I have been hearing.

Many are shifting some of their investments to stop the bleeding. Not all, but ome to slow down the amount they are losing and need to make up. $350k is ALOT to make up unfortunately and I jsut don't see the market rising as fast as it fell.

However lot's of good stocks are VERY cheap right now and I think if investing correctly a lot of money can be made quickly. Be smart and best of luck.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I quit looking at mine about 3 days ago. I don't want to know how much more it will go down.

Will not look again until Jan 1, 2010. lol

frankin

Established Member
That sucks the fat one Dano, i may be losing my job this next week.

I almost lost mine a few months ago. Seems like all of are heads are on the chopping block. The government's goal is to help the very wealthy, because they believe they are the ones that will make everything all better. They are the ones that screwed it all up!

They tell us we need to help them because they will create more jobs.
These corporations have been farming out jobs for the past 15 years at an alarming rate.

It this continues we will have only two classes. The rich and the poor.
Major stock holders and individuals holding accounts in offshore banks will be the winners.

Users who are viewing this thread