Loosing clutch pedal pressure?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Hello All,

I seem to be experiencing intermittent loss of clutch pedal pressure at wot when the tires hook on a warm day. It doesn't happen all the time, I smell no burning clutch odor as well. I had JPC upgrade the clutch line a while back, I also upgraded the fluid to DOT 4. Any idea's? Anyone experience similar issue? Resolution? Thanks.

It's the stock clutch BTW, MT82 trans.

Last edited:

Ssgthooligan

Established Member
Check your slave cylinder. Mine did the same thing. I ordered a Exedy one and now in the process of installing a remote reservoir for the clutch.

redline5.0

Established Member
Hello All,

I seem to be experiencing intermittent loss of clutch pedal pressure at wot when the tires hook on a warm day. It doesn't happen all the time, I smell no burning clutch odor as well. I had JPC upgrade the clutch line a while back, I also upgraded the fluid to DOT 4. Any idea's? Anyone experience similar issue? Resolution? Thanks.

It's the stock clutch BTW, MT82 trans.

Did you remove the helper spring by chance? People who have removed the helper spring have had some issues where the pressure bleeds off over night but not at wot. Did you get all the air out when you swapped lines, some people had to put there reservoir under vacuum to get the rest of the air out.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
slave.. As said above.

I used my stock slave since it had low miles when I did my spec clutch setup and it has recently also started loosing pressure. I am going to do the exedy one also (I hope the exedy one is really an upgrade and can handle the heavy duty pressure plates aftermarket clutches have)

GA Boss

I had same problem with both 2012 and 2013 boss 302's at the track, did the same steel line and high temp brake fluid. helped some...went to RXT twin disc and have never had problem since. It is a hydraulic problem.

Kyle55

Established Member
its because the stock clutch is weak sauce. especially since ur running nitrous and boost upgrade to an exedy, spec, or mcleod

Users who are viewing this thread