Loose seat, rocks back and forth.

imsuperman

Established Member
My driver's side seat rocks back and forth a little bit. Like a bolt is loose or something. Everytime I brake or step on the gas I can feel it move. Ford said it was common and they didn't do anything to adjust it. Has anybody else noticed this problem?

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Ford has had problems with the drivers seat becoming
loose in the pan area where it's bolted. The regular subframe
connectors from MM address this issue. I think there might even
have even been a TB on this issue but I'm unsure. Have them put
your car on a lift and check the drivers seat bolted area for cracks
in the pan or generally loose bolts.

03COBRAman

Established Member
I have the same problem but haven't taken it in yet. Just figured that I would wait until it get bad so the problem can be duplicated. LOL :beer:

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Same problem here it does feel like a bolt loose, it is probably something stupid.

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
brought mine in once for that and they fixed it....feels like mines coming back though not that bad yet but its def starting

vipergts281

Established Member
I have this problem. One of these days I'll look for the problem and fix it.

My buddies 03 did this as well.

s/cjackazz

Established Member
Same, Same after 2000 miles I noticed one day when I came to a stop that it rocks a little. Almost made feel like I needed to go on a diet. With me driving it then my wife and then me driving it with my son in the back seat it goes and comes b/c the seat is moved. I do think there is a sweet spot that rocks though. I put a wrench on the mount blots with no luck. It's in the seat track I'm convinced. I'm not taking mine in for it every time I take a car to the dealer it comes back with a problem with in a week then I have to hear some bullish excuse from them saying X or Y part "commonly fail on these cars" or" we couldn't duplicate the problem"Then I Have to wear out my tires leaving the dealership all pissed off... It's a process. I know it's imature to lay rubber leaving but these guys have lied about an oil change and told me it was on the house b/c it took so long, which I would have bought but my old filter still had the date on it from the last oil change I did myself...STILL ON THE CAR!

sorry my post turned into a me, me,me thing ...just venting

Matt M PA

Established Member
I work with my Ford dealer and know that I get the straight story.

My former '02 had the seat issue described above, and the SVT looked at it and told me that it is normal in the power seat cars.

I wasn;t surprised when the Cobra did it. I found that my most comfortable position...all the way back and all the way down gets rid of the rock.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Off topic, but man these seats are horrible for finding a good position. It seems like everytime I drive the car, I am fiddling with the controls. And when the dealer works on my car, forget it. I'll spend an hour trying to get comfortable in the dealer lot before I leave.

Users who are viewing this thread