Loose exhaust tip on Magnaflow catback

palehorse

Established Member
Have any of you with the Magnaflow catback had problems with the tips sliding or vibrating out of position? The drivers side exhaust tip slids inward to the point it is almost underneath the rear fairing/skirt/bumper (what ever you call it) I loosen the nut pull it out even with the passanger side (so it sticks out about 1 to 1 1/2 inches tighten it up and 50 miles later it has slid back in. I know I could have it tacked in place, but I would prefer not to have to grind it off to take it appart in the future.

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
You can't out smart the magnaflow tips. Just tach weld them!!!! I tried everything and still they would vibrate loose.

bRa_DeN

#5449/8394
Established Member
My magnaflow tip is either touching the drivers side rear bumper or the acutal tip is rattling against the exhaust pipe.

palehorse

Established Member
mach1gsxr said:
Have you tried loctite on that little nut?

The nut stays tight, It just does not "crimp" the exhaust tip to the exhaust pipe tight enough to stay in place.

palehorse

Established Member
mattz03svt said:
You can't out smart the magnaflow tips. Just tach weld them!!!! I tried everything and still they would vibrate loose.

I think this is the answer.

palehorse

Established Member
Well, the other day after it had slipped inward again, I just pulled on it without looseing the nut and it slid out to position, now I have been watching it and it has not moved back. If it does not move again that will be great, otherwise I will have it tack welded into place.

As far as loc-tite goes, the nut does not come loose, so i don't understand how loc-tite would help.

SonicBlueFTW

Steedarr
Established Member
I had the same problem melted a little ... tightened the clamps where they slide on.then put loc tite on the little allen screwand the clamp screw... holding good for me. i might have jinxed myself i bet they just got loose.... it's also a great opportunity to clean the hell out of them when they are off.
R~

mach1gsxr

Established Member
You might have a rubbing issue further down the exhuast tubes you don't know about. Prolly hitting or slightly rubbing the gas tank protector or your sway bar.

Users who are viewing this thread