Loose Bumper Cover

melissa809

Established Member
So i have a 2013 GT500. Just washed and waxed her today and noticed the passenger side front bumper cover was "popped" out.

I was able to pop it back in but it doesn't sit totally flush like rhe driver's side. Maybe it sticks out by 1/16th of an inch

I didn't hit anything. I sometimes scrape my chin splitter coming out of my driveway as it's on an incline

Is this just the nature of the beast? Or..can i fix this?

I really don't want to drop the whole bumper cover as it involves MANY fasteners

Any ideas/input?

Thanks in advance
Melissa

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
You probably popped it off when you scraped the chin spoiler. I did that a few years ago. To remove the whole cover really only takes 5-10 minutes, not as many fasteners as you might think. However if it seems firmly attached, it probably is. Adjusting the gap would require removing the bumper and adjusting the attachment strip on the body and reattaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It's got a few clips, so you might pound on it with the side of your fist to make sure they're all seated. Beyond that you might have to replace that piece with the clips. I have a similar problem with my rear bumper cover.

Kapy

Established Member
Mine has stuck out a tad like this since I bought it. I even took the bumper cover off when I installed carbon fiber grilles and spoiler but it eventually went back to the way it was before I took the bumper cover off. It is just like about 1/16 of an inch. I looked at others before and they are the same. It's weird. Dont' know why?

Users who are viewing this thread