Looks like I need to start looking for a new job.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Our company got bought out (BOC Gases) by Airgas and they are now moving some people from thier nearest plant(which is significantly smaller) into ours. They moved our manager to a new position and sent one of thier guys over to run the plant. We had a supervisors meeting friday and we asked about the positions that were already filled here that they have over there especially ours. His words were "I dont want to talk about that now.". He also said that they will try to eliminate third shift if possible and get all the work done on two shifts. I currently run third shift. They said that they would fold people into the other shifts but you know how that goes.

The new manager treats us like 2nd class citizens with respect with information and control of the people they have already moved over here.

We're short about seven people already in the plant and they wont hire until they figure out where everyone is going.

BOC also had a severance package they would honor for six months after the sale. That ends in february so I think we are safe until then.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
shanker said:
BOC also had a severance package they would honor for six months after the sale. That ends in february so I think we are safe until then.

Don't bet on this. My Dad had 42 years that he paid into a pension plan where he worked and when the company was acquired all the pension plans were liquidated by the buying company to pay the liabilities. It just goes to show you that nothing is a sure thing given the managerial bastards that run coporate America these days.

Users who are viewing this thread