Looks like Fusion is still 20 years out.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The problem they can't solve is that fusion irradiates the **** out of the vessel.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
D47E6A88-41C9-45F1-B66B-030C3B6FA47F.gif

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The problem they can't solve is that fusion irradiates the **** out of the vessel.

Well, the actual problem is making it so you’re not putting more energy in then you’re getting out.

Fission causes ridiculous radiation problems that are managed at Nuke plants. Fusion would be no different and easily mitigated.

Making a star isn’t easy. The Nerds are having a hard time playing God.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
When it does happen, the world will be changed in such a way that it’ll be unfathomable.

Agreed.

Very interesting to see the start-ups taking different approaches to the fusion problem but still having some success. Success without the budget and talent pooled together on the huge government projects too which is more impressive.

I think the fusion problem being tackled by the government and private sector is the key to the solution though. More nerds the better.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Agreed.

Very interesting to see the start-ups taking different approaches to the fusion problem but still having some success. Success without the budget and talent pooled together on the huge government projects too which is more impressive.

I think the fusion problem being tackled by the government and private sector is the key to the solution though. More nerds the better.

Nothing accelerates or motivates invention like a good world war… get one of those we might just see a break through.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Gordon Gekko gave $100,000,000 to fusion research in the movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Still waiting for a sequel to see how that turned out.

Fat Boss

Established Member
The fact that we could fly to the moon and back 50 years ago and can't figure this out yet...

Makes me wonder if they really want it to happen.

The smartest guy I know has been consulting on a Fusion project for a couple years now. Since the project requires more super-conducting wire than exists on earth, they created a spin-off company just to produce that wire. It's in a tape like form that is wrapped around tubes of liquid nitrogen to keep it cool enough to be a super-conductor. If he's working on it, it's probably getting figured out at some pace. The wire is needed for the immense electro magnets required for the project.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The smartest guy I know has been consulting on a Fusion project for a couple years now. Since the project requires more super-conducting wire than exists on earth, they created a spin-off company just to produce that wire. It's in a tape like form that is wrapped around tubes of liquid nitrogen to keep it cool enough to be a super-conductor. If he's working on it, it's probably getting figured out at some pace. The wire is needed for the immense electro magnets required for the project.

You know hunter biden??

IMG_3779.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The fact that we could fly to the moon and back 50 years ago and can't figure this out yet...

Makes me wonder if they really want it to happen.
Going to the moon is childs play compared to the problem of fusion, building a viable reactor and all its ancillary components etc…

Users who are viewing this thread