Looks Like Dodge/SRT Is At It Again

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I've also always wondered if they have a guy on the team that reports what is tossed around on these forums? If I was them, I want to know what the potential customer base is thinking/saying...

I don't know that it was intentional or coincidence, but there was a FB group I was a part of about a year ago that had execs and engineers from Ford Performance as members. I even chatted with the 2 guys who built my GT350 engine.

Based on that experiance, I have to believe there are some people lurking in the background, even if not in an official capacity .

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
For one Dodge is killing it with commercials. When’s the last time Ford has? With the Steve McQueen and field of dreams? That’s actually how their blowers sound. I’d say a lot of people here like speed and horsepower. Maybe you don’t anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think puts out a lot of Mustang commercials because I don't think they have to. They sell a ton of Mustangs and could be using their ad money to push Mustangs into Europe.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Your problem is the fact that you are a Ford enthusiast. You are not a car enthusiast. If it doesn't have a blue oval on it, you don't like it.

You are 100% wrong. Being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you have to like every car there is. That's not how it works. But you can't even figure out how the multi quote feature works, so... can't expect too much from ya.

saying comes to mind.....about people who live in glass houses.....

Professional backpedaler when he gets called out. Or the thread doesn’t go his way.

I back up everything I say. And I sure as shit don't back pedal. Don't know where the hell you got that impression. If you don't like my responses, that's a YOU problem. If not endlessly bickering back and forth with a bunch of man-children is your idea of "back pedaling", then oh well, you can shove right off.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
You are 100% wrong. Being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you have to like every car there is. That's not how it works. But you can't even figure out how the multi quote feature works, so... can't expect too much from ya.

I back up everything I say. And I sure as shit don't back pedal. Don't know where the hell you got that impression. If you don't like my responses, that's a YOU problem. If not endlessly bickering back and forth with a bunch of man-children is your idea of "back pedaling", then oh well, you can shove right off.
I don't care to use multiquote. I prefer to address some topics in a one on one personal manner.

I don't use multiquote when responding to you because I want YOU to know who I am speaking to. I don't want to cause confusion.

As for being a car enthusiast; I will agree with you in that all cars fo not need to be liked. On the other hand, you should give credit where credit is due. Jealousy is a terrible thing. Being negative does nothing for you. The only thing you have accomplished in this thread is solidify your personality.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
@GT Premi

Lol I don’t need to sit here and dig up examples. Me as well as a bunch of other forum members know the way you roll. When you get called out or asked questions, don’t like the way it’s going you back pedal like a mother ****er. I agree you don’t have to like everything being an enthusiast but gotta give credit were it’s due like it or not Dodge is killing it with performance, and marketing.

To you the best cars ever from the way you make it sound is the 350R and whatever year Shelby GT500 you own. Yes they are great cars it’s a great time to be a car guy there is a lot off high horsepower cars out now.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
To you the best cars ever from the way you make it sound is the 350R and whatever year Shelby GT500 you own. Yes they are great cars it’s a great time to be a car guy there is a lot off high horsepower cars out now.
It's funny you mention the GT350(R) cars being a great car. They may be a great car, but there some members on the other Mustang forum that are selling theirs or stating that it isn't that great after 2 years of ownership. lol
I personally could give a **** about a track car. I want the high power/torque car. Different strokes for different folks. If it's a track car and it's got tons of power and torque??! All the better!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford doesn't force you to pay anything. The ADMs are charged by greedy dealers, not Ford. All you have to do is not buy the car, if you don't want it that badly. Just do like most everybody else and wait for it to hit the used market. Besides, ADMs on GT500s never last more than a few months. The only reason ADMs are lasting so long on the GT350 is because it's damned near an exotic car when you look at all the performance equipment, especially in the case of the GT350R.

The ADM is the result of Ford refusing to increase production. This drives up the price. So either Ford should cut the games and charge more or produce more. What is the point of hyping up the "value" of something if that's not what you'll end up paying?

Kinda stupid to tout a Ford GT as some sort of Ferrari killer when it's just as / more expensive and limited then a Ferrari.

Dodge actually has ensured enthusiasts that they will not let dealers price gouge them. This is why Hellcat product dramatically increased in 2016. Dodge has also given enthusiasts other trickle down options. Demon for example, Wide Body Hellcat, Wide Body SCAT and now the Red Eye. Hell, Dodge actually made 3,000 Demons.

Support Those that Support You.

72SBC

Established Member
And every Demon owner minus the few lucky guys that had connections payed a hefty ADM.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well the boys at Ford are either laughing, or pissing all over themselves at this point.
I wonder which it is?

Well...

I think Dodge still has room to grow on the 6.2 engine, while I don't see a whole lot of room on the Ford 5.2. So Ford very well may drop a 800hp car, but I don't doubt Dodge could squeeze out 850 the next model year.

I suspect Ford will use the A10 and handling dynamics to try and tout a laundry list of superior performance specs, but I don't think they'll win on total power.

Also, if Dodge really does come out with an AWD Hellcat Red Eye in 2020...

lejns2dvo8iy.jpg

That's some GTR slaying crap. 1000whp capable AWD luxury coupe street muscle monster.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
And every Demon owner minus the few lucky guys that had connections payed a hefty ADM.

And the peasants will be able to buy Wide Body Challengers, Red Eye Challengers and Scat Packs. Dodge made no illusion it would be a rare car. Many debated the value of it from the beginning vs a modified Hellcat. Ford on the other hand try's to have their cake and eat it too.

My94GT

Established Member
Well the boys at Ford are either laughing, or pissing all over themselves at this point.
I wonder which it is?
I've also always wondered if they have a guy on the team that reports what is tossed around on these forums? If I was them, I want to know what the potential customer base is thinking/saying...
In this day and age I’m sure. Large companies often employ people to monitor social media and other online traffic.

For instance the company I work for has people that watch Facebook posts they are mentioned in, yelp, google and other various review services.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's funny you mention the GT350(R) cars being a great car. They may be a great car, but there some members on the other Mustang forum that are selling theirs or stating that it isn't that great after 2 years of ownership. lol
I personally could give a **** about a track car. I want the high power/torque car. Different strokes for different folks. If it's a track car and it's got tons of power and torque??! All the better!

Exactly. Like I mentioned, it's been almost 5 years since I've been on a road course and I don't have anything coming up soon. If you really get the itch, no reason you can beat on a Challenger around the track on a HPDE or something.

7. Challenger R/T and R/T Shaker

How many times have you heard that a stock Miata can probably beat a Challenger around a race track? Back in 2010 I took a six-speed 5.7-liter Shaker and ran it head-to-head around Summit Point’s Main Circuit with a talented young NASA driver who had a mildly track-prepped 1.8-liter NA Miata. We did two three-lap challenges; for the first one, I started ahead of the Miata at the green flag and ended up putting about 1500 feet on the little red Mazda by the end of the third lap. For the second challenge, I started behind the Miata, with an agreement that I wouldn’t try to pass until after the first turn. I pulled out and around my friend on the way downhill to the back section, made it stick with just a little more brake fade than I wanted, and went on to finish about the same distance ahead.

2. SRT Hellcat

The conventional wisdom on the Hellcat is that it’s got too much power and too little tire. The conventional wisdom is half right, because there’s no such thing as too much power and the throttle, as we fortysomething ZX-14R owners like to say, rolls in both directions. The “too little tire” part is both true and fair. But that doesn’t mean that the Hellcat isn’t brilliant on track, because it is. It just requires discipline and a driver who knows how to make the best of the car’s abilities. And you can always put R-compound tires on the car and even out the power/traction equation a bit.

The brilliance of the Hellcat is that it is fast on the straights. This is critical because the vast majority of trackdays only permit passing on the straights, particularly for intermediate-level drivers and below. So all you have to do is not hold people up too badly in the corners and then you can zip around ‘em on the next straight. This is great fun. Compare this strategy to what a Miata driver on race tires experiences: he finds himself glued to everybody’s bumper in the middle of the corner but he then gets left behind afterwards. That’s depressing and I, for one, am tired of it. Get a Hellcat. Go to the track. Have fun. But if you want even more fun…

All the Dodge Challengers You Can Buy in 2018, Ranked

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Exactly. Like I mentioned, it's been almost 5 years since I've been on a road course and I don't have anything coming up soon. If you really get the itch, no reason you can beat on a Challenger around the track on a HPDE or something.

I started my HPDE driving career in my Challenger Hellcat. It was amazingly fun and started my addiction. If didn't have any of my Mustangs... I would still be running it on the road course in the Challenger.

R1Lello

Established Member
^^^^
3300 Demons, not 3000 and GT prem is right, it's the dealers gouging with greed not the manufacturer.......and the big 3 - ALL have done it and will continue to mark up !! Why not?, Idiots are willing to pay so they profit

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^
3300 Demons, not 3000 and GT prem is right, it's the dealers gouging with greed not the manufacturer.......and the big 3 - ALL have done it and will continue to mark up !! Why not?, Idiots are willing to pay so they profit

Canada does not count. ADM's happen, but for Ford, it's never ending and across multiple models constantly. It's a cultural issue.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
At 70k+ the GT500 probably won’t be on my list for my next car. Maybe, but probably not due to dealer raping. A wide body 800hp land boat is mighty tempting. I have to measure it to make sure it fits in my garage though.

Or a 15+ Viper. Lol
So true... And the comfort and overall size for truly 4/5 adults is amazing.

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I like what Ford did with the FPC it’s different. However seems to have oil issues. Love the sound and looks of it. However if I had the money I’d take a 13-14 GT500 any-day.

Users who are viewing this thread