Looks Like Dodge/SRT Is At It Again

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta pay to play homie. Might pick up a gently used one
There ya go bro. Dude, with E85 and about 3k in mods, car will be stupid fast.
I'm keeping an "eye" on the Redeye cars. 71k starting price is a bit much before options though. lol

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
71k starting price is a bit much before options though. lol
They can charge that much because there really isn't any competition in this market. Most people have no interest in a Camaro, and the Vette is a different niche market. If a competitor ever came out then Dodge may have to roll back pricing a bit to keep selling them.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
They can charge that much because there really isn't any competition in this market. Most people have no interest in a Camaro, and the Vette is a different niche market. If a competitor ever came out then Dodge may have to roll back pricing a bit to keep selling them.
Very true Todd. I didn't think of it that way.
Good point.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen one order that seems legit on the Hellcat forum. Dude took a photo of the order form and posted it. Looks like ordering has begun. I thought it wasn't until the 4th quarter of this year? I guess I was wrong. lol
Almost 90K! That's with the widebody though, which is 6K right off the bat. lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Personally, I am happy Plum Crazy Purple is available again. I held off ordering a Hellcat widebody until that colour was available again. Time to order one up at a nice discount
'
Yeah, that is such a great color on that car. Fits it perfectly.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The possibility of Ford asking $70K+ for the new GT500? It's too much!
Dodge asking upwards of $80K for a Hellcat? No big deal.

Say what??

Yeah, I am not following the logic either.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The possibility of Ford asking $70K+ for the new GT500? It's too much!
Dodge asking upwards of $80K for a Hellcat? No big deal.

Say what??
Chrysler gets away with it because they are willing to finance you up to 96 months( which is insane.)

I'd expect the base price of the new GT500 to be $2-3k more then the base 2014 GT400.

merkyworks

Established Member
Taking price out of the argument.....

In my opinion the Challenger Hellcat/Hellcat Redeye are to heavy when compared to Mustang's or Camaro's and this really kills there performance. I think Dodge's real super star is the Charger Hellcat, not a lot of competition and it's a real passenger 4 door car with tons of power, yes please!

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
anyone see the 4th of july challenger commercial yesterday??? DAMN...that thing is nothing short of exciting as ****. dodge really knows how to **** with you if you are into power and speed- they make me want to go buy one every time i see their ads anymore. then, and maybe this was a sign (if i believed in signs), i head out of my house to go to a party and a VICIOUS looking black on black Hellcat passes me by going the opposite direction- the sound and presence of that beast cannot be denied every time I see one (which is not all that often). there is NOTHING on the road that comes even close to the excitement that car commands when you see and hear it on the road, IMHO (at least not where i live...there are exotics, germans, etc all over all day every day, but when this goes by you can hear it well before you see it and then when it is visible it just has a wow factor for me- like the 2014 GT500 did when i bought it (and i still get that feeling every time i start it up and take it out))....i truly cannot believe i am saying this about a dodge, but credit is being given where due.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread