looks like a new member

black10th vert

Established Member
I put in for a transfer to the Dearborn truck plant so when I find out for sure if I get it I'll be joining up. I can't wait for the dream cruise. I've been to it 3 times but it's going to be nice not to have to travel to it. And how's the weather up there? I'm in shorts today,Will I need to bring a jacket?:D :D
I have a few places I'm looking at around Canton but anywhere you would recommend for me to stay away from. Thank, Steve

Cobrasized

Proud MCT Member
Established Member
You may want to pack that snow shovel as well. Don't forget the long Johns.

Canton's a great area. Lived there 12 years myself. A little busy, but has everything you'd want except for a Brothel.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
You must be coming from Norfolk assy. I've heard that place is a clusterfuuck right now. I work at Wayne assy. Probably the next assy. plant to get the axe. We have a good group of guys in the MCT. Be sure to sign up when you transfer. The beer nights are always a good time when we have them.

R-CODE

Established Member
hey bud welcome to the "D"
I have been in this club since the beginning and I just finished two brand new homes in Dearborn very close to the dearborn assy plant, I can send you information on them right now we have reduced the price 25K because of winter. you can call me at 3132186817

Good luck on your transfer

black10th vert

Established Member
There's a different shovel for snow? Actually I already have one. Bought it about 4 years ago when we had a 1/2 inch of snow but it all melted before I could get back home.
Planb I am coming from Norfolk. It sounds like some people are ready to take us out when we get there. So far I'm not feeling very welcome but I guess it will be ok after we get settled in. I'm a millwright. Things are pretty messed up at Norfolk but probably no worse than any of the other plants. I'm really impressed with most of the attitudes there since everybody is just waiting around for the slow death, except for the few hundred who quit this week.It was pretty strange going into work and passing people you've worked with for years and they tell you they just quit. At first it was like ok see you later and then after a second you realize it's people you'll probably never see again. I remember reading stuff like that from Atlanta but it really does hit hard.
R-CODE, I'm going to give you a call. I'm not sure when I'll get to move,I'm not really pressing it. I hope to stay here till the spring but who knows.My wife is probably going to stay here and sell the house and let my son finish the school year so it will probably be closer to the summer for me but I do know a lot of people moving up there so I can put the word out for you. I'll try and call tomorrow and get some details. Also can't wait to see that R.
Thanks for any help and looking forward to hangin out,Steve

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Welcome Bro!
Sorry to hear you had to switch jobs. I can imagine what a pain that is for you and the family.
Hope to meet you sometime soon.

JP:beer:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
black10th vert said:
There's a different shovel for snow? Actually I already have one. Bought it about 4 years ago when we had a 1/2 inch of snow but it all melted before I could get back home.
Planb I am coming from Norfolk. It sounds like some people are ready to take us out when we get there. So far I'm not feeling very welcome but I guess it will be ok after we get settled in. I'm a millwright. Things are pretty messed up at Norfolk but probably no worse than any of the other plants. I'm really impressed with most of the attitudes there since everybody is just waiting around for the slow death, except for the few hundred who quit this week.It was pretty strange going into work and passing people you've worked with for years and they tell you they just quit. At first it was like ok see you later and then after a second you realize it's people you'll probably never see again. I remember reading stuff like that from Atlanta but it really does hit hard.
R-CODE, I'm going to give you a call. I'm not sure when I'll get to move,I'm not really pressing it. I hope to stay here till the spring but who knows.My wife is probably going to stay here and sell the house and let my son finish the school year so it will probably be closer to the summer for me but I do know a lot of people moving up there so I can put the word out for you. I'll try and call tomorrow and get some details. Also can't wait to see that R.
Thanks for any help and looking forward to hangin out,Steve

At least you're able to stay in you're trade, I'm a hilo mechanic at wayne and from what I've heard the trade will be red circled. No more apprentice's and when someone retires they won't be replaced. Maybe the move to DTP will go smoother than expected. All the low seniority people are screwed, production and trades. It's a bummer but it's the reality for Ford right now.

black10th vert

Established Member
It looks like I'll be there on jan 16. We are hearing the same things at nap about hilo mech. It's sad to see Ford falling apart like this. I told my wife we might should wait till after the contract to see how it goes. If we get to screwed it might be time to cut the losses and go somewhere else. There does seem to be plenty of skilled jobs in tx. One thing was out of the 700 + people dtp was looking for they only got 350 from Norfolk so there is room for transfers from other plants. I heard they are offering to atlanta this week.

black10th vert

Established Member
This place is all messed up. I was told to be there on the 16 ,then they said the date might change,then it was good,then they canceled the transfer, now we are back into transferring but won't be up there until sometime in may. I kind of get the feeling we were told may and then when we walked out the door they figured they don't have to mess with us again until then. This is the greatest place to work. Anyway, maybe I'll get to see you guys this summer. I really don't mind missing a winter anyways.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Sounds like par for the course. Management walking around with thumbs up their asses.

black10th vert

Established Member
I'm not sure if it's management or the local trying to block us. I think it's both.Atleast I'm signed up for the buyout too so I can fall back on that.

Users who are viewing this thread