Looking to update suspenion

WC_Racer

Established Member
i
Just bought a Mach 1 with 68000 miles and I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. Only suspension mod it has are Eibach Sport lines that were on the car when I bought it, don't know when they were installed. I had them before on my old Mach and I'm most likely going to keep them. This will be a daily driven car so I'm just looking for the better ride. Looking to replace the following parts.

Tokico Strts shocks and sturts
M/M Caster Camber plates
Eibach Sport lines (need a new set?)
Steeda Bumpsteer kit
J&M UCA and LCA (non-adjustable)
McLeod Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit (hate the stock clutch feel)

Maybe
FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft.

Let me know what you guys think. Anything else that I need? Been out of the mod game for a while so I'm a bit rusted in my car knowledge.

Mattstang04

Established Member
Looks like some good mods. I myself have never gone for the upper control arms. Lower arms definitely. I vote for bilstein shocks and struts but tokico is a fine brand. If they're good enough for ford to put them in stock, they must be pretty good. Never thought about doing a hydraulic clutch. They work real well on the 05s and up so they probably do well on these. I like the idea of aluminum drive shafts. Had one on a previous GT. I'll probably get one for my mach eventually.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
look into that hydraulic kit more, I wanna say theres issues with mounting it on the 4 valve cars and also complaints about it leaking (its been a long time since I looked into this so things may have changed)

WC_Racer

Established Member
look into that hydraulic kit more, I wanna say theres issues with mounting it on the 4 valve cars and also complaints about it leaking (its been a long time since I looked into this so things may have changed)

Thanks for the info, I'll look into. Just a fan of that hard clutch.

Mattstang04

Established Member
What did you end up getting? I'm curious because I just did control arms and sway bars. The car is definitely feeling more connected to the road. Less rubbery over bumps and less body roll.

Users who are viewing this thread