Looking To Trade The L, Need Opinions

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Hello everyone! I've been thinking VERY serious about trading my Lightning for a 05+ GT Mustang. Just looking for a car with low miles and comfortable to drive and focus on using my 92 to take care of my racing fun, etc etc. I've got my truck posted up for sale on here but if you guys were me and you found a car on a car lot how much is the lowest I should take on trade in value? I know it's going to be 1500-2000$ lower at least than my asking price, but it's so hard to sell a vehicle right now that I'm not sure the truck will sell by the time I'm ready to buy. Looking to change vehicles(if the truck doesn't sell before then of course) by June/July area. What is everyones thoughts besides don't sell the truck:D I know I'm going to miss it like crazy but priorities call and I'm wanting something newer and a lot less miles that gets over 20mpg on the highway and the 05+ GT Mustangs are a steal for what you get IMO. Thanks Everyone!:beer:

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
KBB has the trade in value of your truck with your miles in your area code at $13,350, and that is in excellent condition.

Only you can decide whether it's worth more than that to you.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Yep, that's true and I know they aren't going to go with the excellent trade in value. At least I've never saw a car lot do that, I don't really want to spend over 5grand difference between the two. Selling it straight out would be so much better but shew, not sure if it'll happen or not.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
Is the only reason your looking to sell is for something with lower miles? Trade it in on a lower mileage L or Cobra.

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
Yep, that's true and I know they aren't going to go with the excellent trade in value. At least I've never saw a car lot do that, I don't really want to spend over 5grand difference between the two. Selling it straight out would be so much better but shew, not sure if it'll happen or not.
Well... KBB says a used, low mile, 05 Mustang GT is worth about $18grand in excellent condition.
considering today's lousy car market, asking price will probably be several thousand under that. So if you can get book value on your Lightning, you should be well within your $5grand budget.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Right now a dealership isnt going to give jack for a truck on trade in. Even if that truck is a Lightning. Ive seen 03-04 50k mile L's on used car lots for $16,000 plus or minus a couple hundred. That means they gave no more than 12 on trade and much much less if they bought it at an auction. I hope you are able to sell it private party man cuz you will be screwed if you go through with a dealership trade. If they were to give you top dollar on your trade then they will want MORE than top dollar for their car, or they will cut you a good price on their car but give you hardly anything on the trade. Its how they do business.

Users who are viewing this thread