Looking to replace Jeep Srt8

Drew1204

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my Jeep (daily driver). I'm thinking around spending about 30-35k. I'm not really sure what I want but I know you guys are great with suggestions... Maybe a used Rs4 if possible or something like that.... I'm not really a fan of Evos or STis, but something quick and fun to drive around. Lets hear those suggestions!! Thanks!

Which would you rather have and why?

2006 M5 for ~ $40k
2007+ RS-4 ~ $44k
2003+ Mercedes E55 AMG ~$45k

Last edited:

GN1986

Established Member
You could always go old school and get an 86-87 Grand National or a 89 TTA which are rare as a mofo but are truely badass. Or you could stick with the fast SUV and find a Cyclone or Typhoon.

Drew1204

Established Member
Hmmm alrighty, good suggestions so far. I have looked at the cyclone and typhoon in the past, but I'm kind of a Ford guy haha. Was looking at comparing the ISF with the RS4- I think I like the audi more so far.. they can be had at around 40k or so... I guess keeping the Jeep is always an option, but it's fun to change it up.

EDIT - Maybe used M3 or C63 AMG If it can be had for around 40k... unlikely

Last edited:

Drew1204

Established Member
WOW -- Side note... a 2006 M5 can be had nowadays for about 38K!!! The 500HP version... wow... wtf??

AAG

Established Member
WOW -- Side note... a 2006 M5 can be had nowadays for about 38K!!! The 500HP version... wow... wtf??

I can just imagine what it would cost if something broke on it. Ill take the 38k and buy something new with a warranty.

Drew1204

Established Member
Not interested in a new SHO? they can be had for about that price new.... Maybe a Porsche Cayman S?

2007 Porsche Cayman S in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania Classified Ad Listing at Autobuyguide.com

Hmmm- I don't think the SHO would be worth it... I would be basically looking for an upgrade from the Jeep into something used but a better deal for the money. IDK nothing for around 30k-40k seems to really jump out at me... argh

The SHO is a nice car and I like it a lot.... Maybe I'd have to drive one... Maybe the new 6.2 raptor?

Last edited:

blackmagicmach

The PoPo
Established Member
Hmmm- I don't think the SHO would be worth it... I would be basically looking for an upgrade from the Jeep into something used but a better deal for the money. IDK nothing for around 30k-40k seems to really jump out at me... argh

The SHO is a nice car and I like it a lot.... Maybe I'd have to drive one... Maybe the new 6.2 raptor?

not sure if you can wait but for next year they are gonna be bringing a 4d crew cab raptor...

SlowLNF

Established Member
You have almost everything under the rainbow in your price range used.

I would get a Lexus IS-F over the RS4 purely for the fact that, at least around here, The IS-F is much more rare and I think it looks like a nicer overall car with a great powerplant to build on. The new Taurus SHO should definitely be considered. Brand new with a full warranty, twin turbo V-6, and AWD. Or maybe opt for a slightly used Lincoln version of the Ecoboost (Can't remember which model it was.) I personally like the look of the new Lincolns. You could also consider a used C6 Z06 but that's not too practical for a DD.

TrailBlazer SS should definitely be considered, along with the new Raptors. You could always find another Cherokee SRT-8 with lower miles I suppose? Charger SRT-8 would be another car to look at. Blends in because everyone and their brother owns a v6 model. Have you looked into a new 5.0L Mustang GT? Sure everyone will be buying one but I like them.

You could also look for a used turbo diesel crew cab truck. There's also the new Camaro SS, although it's a pig, it's a good powerplant to build off of. Heck with your price range you may be able to find a used Camaro SS and have a dealer do the LS9 swap offered by GM, that would be one hell of a sleeper! That's all I'm coming up with right now...

Users who are viewing this thread