Looking to Replace Door Subs

h4cHi

Established Member
Anyone with good suggestions along with a 4 channel amp I was looking at the Rockford Fosgate 8inch shallow mount but I wanna keep the sub cover in tact or buy something that will be similar

99mstng

Established Member
Save the $ buy and add subs in the trunk - door subs rattle and are not worth the hassle.

h4cHi

Established Member
Save the $ buy and add subs in the trunk - door subs rattle and are not worth the hassle.

I have the shaker pro I would rather not rip that out I already replaced the 5.25s and just want something a little better for the doors and id be happy :)

rdplain

Established Member

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
Give these a try:
10-12 Shelby/Kicker 8 Woofer Kit for Shaker 500/1000, Pair 10-12 Shelby/Kicker 8 Woofer Kit for Shaker 500/1000, Pair [KA-8-WOOFER-2010] - $139.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, Shelby Sup

I ran them in my '10 GT and they tuned out the "muddy" bass from the stockers.
They are essentially a Kicker Comp VT with the special mounting bracket on the back of the magnet and the replacement grille.

Those are nice as long as you are going to run an aftermarket amp on them. If you are using the OEM amp, then get a different sub.

Ask me how I know....there is a set of those in my garage.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member

burke985

Established Member
yeah its not as easy as just cutting holes in base door panels and throwing subs in there, thats a real hack job man :dw: go on ebay and buy some premium door panels

Yeah I looked on ebay but it's hard to find a pair and they have some brand new ones but they are 700+ dollars each, I'll figure a way to cut holes and get some mounting brackets or I'll just throw a tube in the back something that's easily removed before I spend that kinda money on door panels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread