LOoking to mod the L...

What????

Established Member
I ma slowly starting to want to mod my stock L. I want to take it easy at first, but I have some cash I can spend on the truck. I am mainly wondering whats the going rate for getting the 5.4L built to handle a KB or whatever? I want to eventually have the trucks in the 11s. I also know the tranny has to get beefed up some to right? What can I do with $7k?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
There are people on here who can answer your question better than I, but, Chad (fuzzie) is on the stock tranny and is a 10 second truck.

I however am a low 13/high 12 truck and am on the third one (luckily the previous owner did all this, which means I have a built tranny and I didn't have to pay for it).:D

What????

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
A built long block from MSX for 5375.00 plus shipping, plus all the fuel upgrades, and a ported blower.

Thanks yeah I am looking to go built engine before big blower. Hmmm I see alot of JLP engines being used. I'd like to know the best for the $$.

Thinking of something like this (how much power cpuld it hold?):

http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=29

and just adding my stock stuff back on it.

Also anyone know of a good tuner/installer in the AL/GA area? I know of Modular Powerhouse, but I am not sure they do Ls.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
NewKid said:
There are people on here who can answer your question better than I, but, Chad (fuzzie) is on the stock tranny and is a 10 second truck.

I however am a low 13/high 12 truck and am on the third one (luckily the previous owner did all this, which means I have a built tranny and I didn't have to pay for it).:D

Yeah but he just put a BTS in.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
yeah, you cant beat msx's deal on a built motor or their warranty either.. that is the best way to go.. get that done, go ported blower with a #6 pulley, and some other goodies and youll have one hell of a fast truck. get some sticky rubber and some jlp long bars too.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
Walker Dyno Tune and Strategic Performance are both around Trussville. Ron at Strategic Performance did my tune and installed a few things, he's a good guy to do business with.

Last edited:

What????

Established Member
Ascendancy said:
Walker Dyno Tune and Strategic Performance are both around Trussville. Ron at Strategic Performance did my tune and installed a few things, he's a good guy to do business with.

Thanks I'll check Strategic Performance out. I've bee ntalkin to Tim Barth at Modular Powerhouse who is awsome at building/tuning and may go that route, just a looong drive to GA.

Probably going MSX shortblock, H/C/I and ported Eaton.

One thing should I go ahead and do LT headers? It keeps getting more $$ I think well the engine is out get heads/cams done well maybe headers too, lol.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
00SVT said:
Yeah but he just put a BTS in.

The only reason I went with the BTS is because I think the stock tranny was costin me about 2 tenths. It actually wasn't doing that bad but just one of those things. I was really surprised how far we took the stock tranny.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Sometimes its better to bite the bullet and pay a reputable shop the money to have it done RIGHT the first time. Cause its gonna get real expensive building your Lightning twice......

Users who are viewing this thread