Looking to go E85, 2003 Cobra

PMac18

Established Member
Hey everyone, there seems to be a lot of threads about fixing problems with e85 setups, but it is hard to find something to help me decide what to purchase if I switch to e85.

Right now I just have 2.81 pulley and cold air intake. Going to be doing a full exhaust setup within the next year hopefully also contemplating the switch to e85.

Down the road I want to run a ported Eaton and make between 500-600hp range. If not more. I want to be on a safe/reliable tune and it seems like e85 will help me get there.

With all of that said, what components will I need to upgrade and/or change to be able to run e85?

Thanks for all of the help.

Patrick

Nickrap9

Established Member
You can run E85 with the stock returnless fuel system on a ported Eaton. Will need to upgrade fuel pumps and injectors. It is recommended to add a BAP/wire upgrade and dual FPDMs or a modified FPDM. In my opinion is money well spent to just convert to a return-style system so you won't be maxing the stock system out. I've seen guys attain 600rwhp with stock feed and rails. Obviously your budget will be the determining factor. Also with a ported eaton you'll need a bigger MAF or MAFia extender.

PMac18

Established Member
Since I am new to the Terminator, is stock one fuel pump or two? If I upgrade fuel pump will I need a BAP or could I could just BAP with stock fuel pump(s)?

I knew that I would need bigger injectors, what size would be best for my goals? 60lb, 80lb?

I don't think a return-style fuel system will be in the budget since I see them going anywhere from $1000-2000.

What is the best way to go about this economically?

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
Since I am new to the Terminator, is stock one fuel pump or two? If I upgrade fuel pump will I need a BAP or could I could just BAP with stock fuel pump(s)?

I knew that I would need bigger injectors, what size would be best for my goals? 60lb, 80lb?

I don't think a return-style fuel system will be in the budget since I see them going anywhere from $1000-2000.

What is the best way to go about this economically?

If you're wanting 500-600whp then I would just go 80lb injectors that are e85 compatible, ive heard people have problems hooking up 60's. Most people do the dual ford gt pumps and BAP. You will need to modify your FPDM to do so. And a bigger maf. Get that tuned and you're set. Honestly you are better off just buying a return style kit from Lethal. BAP and twin gt pumps is like $800. You can buy lethals budget kit for 1k and hook it up and essentially be able to hold more power safer. Also a bigger Maf is needed.

PMac18

Established Member
If you're wanting 500-600whp then I would just go 80lb injectors that are e85 compatible, ive heard people have problems hooking up 60's. Most people do the dual ford gt pumps and BAP. You will need to modify your FPDM to do so. And a bigger maf. Get that tuned and you're set. Honestly you are better off just buying a return style kit from Lethal. BAP and twin gt pumps is like $800. You can buy lethals budget kit for 1k and hook it up and essentially be able to hold more power safer. Also a bigger Maf is needed.

If I were looking to do the return style kit from Lethal, I would need to get the budget kit with the Dual Walbro e85 compatible pumps, and then some 80 lb e85 compatible injectors, correct? Would I then need a BAP or does the return style take care of that issue?

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
If I were looking to do the return style kit from Lethal, I would need to get the budget kit with the Dual Walbro e85 compatible pumps, and then some 80 lb e85 compatible injectors, correct? Would I then need a BAP or does the return style take care of that issue?

No. The smallest pumps offered for that kit are dual 255 which can handle 700 with e85. No Bap needed

PMac18

Established Member
Also, could you educate me a little bit on what MAF I would want to go with. Does it have something to do with what kind of handheld I get or does that not correlate at all?

PMac18

Established Member

If I decided to go return style, would I need to modify the FPDM? and what is this to begin with?

wmfateam

Established Member
Thanks for the help man.

One more question, any recommendations on brand for 80lb injectors?
Hey I saw your post about what injectors to get, I work for Injector Dynamics and can get you a pretty good deal if you want to go that route.
Thanks for the help man.

One more question, any recommendations on brand for 80lb injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread