looking to get a retune near fort hood, tx

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
hi all,

I recently picked up an 09 gt500, that came with a few bolt ons.

JLT CF intake(not sure what size)
smaller charger pulley
the larger pulley next to the charger to pick up the slack
kook long tube headers
ford racing catback exhaust
spec twin disk clutch and flywheel
ford racing suspension package
nitto extremes, 295 in the rear 265 up front

car has a custom tune through sunshine performance here in killeen tx, on the diablo predator programmer. car does run a little rich and they weren't able to provide the dyno sheet to my car. so what I'm wondering is if there is anyone who can recommend a tuner to make some adjustments and check the reliablility of the tune?

I'm from Houston and wouldn't mind going to a shop down there but I'm not planning on making that trip until Easter so some one in around killeen, maybe an hour drive would be a lot more convenient.

294889[/ATTACH]"]
editedpicture.jpg

294891[/ATTACH]"]
shelbyenginebay.jpg

thanks

Attachments

• editedpicture.jpg
    editedpicture.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 48
  • shelbyenginebay.jpg
    shelbyenginebay.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

E.Marquez

Established Member
Subscribing:
I’ve been looking.. and asking, and reading.. Found nothing local.. but a few places as close as SA.. and of course Dallas and Huston. Thinking of a drive and play weekend for the wife and I Drive up Thur, drop car off, rent a car, enjoy the town, stay the weekend, pick up Monday, drive home. Or put the car on our trailer and take it up that way.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
I know tuners are different, my last one tuned in a day about 10 hours, my one before that took 3 days of tunning before he let the car leave his shop. I'm really not trying to leave it for 3 days if I'm not on a pass or a four day weekend.

GForce in Houston looked pretty good.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
I heard there was some things going on over there, forgot what friend told me about them.... but it wasn't in their favor.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
thats too far, im hoping to find some one i can go back too every now and again.

im going to be upgrading the heat exhanger, resevoirs, porting the charger and upgrading the throttle body to the ford dual 65mm.

i know here we have sunshine performance and The Car Shop off of fort hood road, they have some pretty nice cars in there but i dont know of any one personally who has dealt with them.

Last edited:

E.Marquez

Established Member
thats too far, im hoping to find some one i can go back too every now and again.

im going to be upgrading the heat exhanger, resevoirs, porting the charger and upgrading the throttle body to the ford dual 65mm.

i know here we have sunshine performance and The Car Shop off of fort hood road, they have some pretty nice cars in there but i dont know of any one personally who has dealt with them.

I buy my race gas from The Car shop.. And while they are nice enough folks, Ive not seen anything that nice in the shop, on the Dyno, plus the place is a bit of a mess.. does not inspire confidence. Maybe be an awesome tuner working there.., Who knows.. I'd need to see, talk with, see the rides of a few folks that have had a tune there before I'd be wiling to let um at my car. .. On the other hand,,, a email tune from a known shop (Lund, Brenspeed, VMP).. then have it confirmed on a local dyno, talk with the known shop with some logged data, and AF charts..then let the local guy tweak IAW the known shops directions.. Ya that I'd do.

Last edited:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
yea, when i went in there to get pricing on solid intercooler piping for my subie they had quite a few forced induction v8s, a friend of mine had welding work done there and it came out nice, but yea i completely agree with everything else you said.

i wish i new how to work my diable tuner, im sure its missing the usb cable, when i got it the tuner only came with the obdII cable. but yea some logs would definitely tell me whats the important numbers are looking like.

pm sent to you

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Auto Adrenaline Performance is in Houston (Stafford to be exact) and they tune my car perfectly. Wally knows what he is doing. I recently sent another person on this board and they said very good things about his ability to tune for drivability and WOT.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
i go to their site and its under construction :(

Yes, because we're too busy working on cars and tuning to have time to work on the website. :beer:
We are not a mail order parts site...we do installs and tuning. The page is for contact information only.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
hey thats cool man, world isnt going to come to an end cus you guys dont want to work on your site.... its just nice to see the shop even if on the web, i mean shit its only like a 3 1/2 hour drive and its not like we drive hybrids.

worse case scenario, i go and i cant or wont get tuned there and the only thing left to do is eat by a nasty ass, brown watered, trashed out little river :(

not my idea of a good time.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
hey thats cool man, world isnt going to come to an end cus you guys dont want to work on your site.... its just nice to see the shop even if on the web, i mean shit its only like a 3 1/2 hour drive and its not like we drive hybrids.

worse case scenario, i go and i cant or wont get tuned there and the only thing left to do is eat by a nasty ass, brown watered, trashed out little river :(

not my idea of a good time.
LOL! I'm not a fan of that tourist trap. I'm from PA, so Texas doesn't do much for me. ;-)

I drove my 760+ rwhp Boss to Kileen Friday (was at the local meet) and then to Forth Worth on Saturday for lunch with a few other Boss owners. I bet your GT500 is closer to hybrid mpg than my Boss. :beer:

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Auto Adrenaline Performance is in Houston (Stafford to be exact) and they tune my car perfectly. Wally knows what he is doing. I recently sent another person on this board and they said very good things about his ability to tune for drivability and WOT.

Wally @ Auto Adrenaline performance is a tuning genius! He just tuned my 08 GT500 with a 4.0 whipple, the driveability is AMAZING and the A/F is straighter than a ruler on WOT. HIGHLY recommend Wally if you want the best tune possible! :beer:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
ill check them out, thanks

edit: oh okay, they're by sugarland.... if i cant find any one closer by the time i go back to houston ill stop by their shop.

Last edited:

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Wally @ Auto Adrenaline performance is a tuning genius! He just tuned my 08 GT500 with a 4.0 whipple, the driveability is AMAZING and the A/F is straighter than a ruler on WOT. HIGHLY recommend Wally if you want the best tune possible! :beer:

They tuned my 03 cobra making some bad ass number.:rockon:

Gforce messes with chevy but they are still good.

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
well hopefully I can visit both soon, so far Gforce's site give a very good first impression.

I was actually looking at them and only about 30 minutes from my inlaws is a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread