Looking to get a nitrous kit...which and why?

wy3134

Established Member
Looking to run a 100-125 shot with a stage 4 ported eaton... i know ill need a wet kit, but is there any specific brand to go with? also where is the best place to mount for the spray, or are these plates the way to go? where do those plates mount?

new to the game, and unfortunately only a little time before I need to have a decision to set aside funds for the kit...

my current setup is a return fuel system (old set up was a 2.8H kenne bell before, but i sold that due to financial reasons, so now i can afford to put a nitrous kit on the car and be happy for the upcoming season... reason for the return fuel system is the long term plan is a turbo kit next winter, unless things change drastically, or i end up liking the stage 4 and nitrous too much to mess with it)

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
The plate goes up against the plenum, because you are running a port your plate kit will act as slight restriction.... look into getting that ported as well. I would only deal with NX or dynotune ntirous... but thats just me.

wy3134

Established Member
just got to thinking, will i run into any trouble having a return fuel system? ive been searching different brands and most seem to be "ideal" for returnless setups

thanks for the recommendation... i was leaning NX as they are widely used so therefore I assume a quality kit

Last edited:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
just got to thinking, will i run into any trouble having a return fuel system? ive been searching different brands and most seem to be "ideal" for returnless setups

thanks for the recommendation... i was leaning NX as they are widely used so therefore I assume a quality kit

You should be fine running a return style and a plate kit together... I don't see why it would put you at any risk.... yeah NX is deifntly a top notch company. But take a look at dynotune's site you might find their prices a bit more appealing.

04torchred

Established Member
You want good solenoids. Dynotunes cheap kits run a small noid and that will limit power and performance from the nitrous setup.

The NX noids are good. I would get a NX kit, my brother runs one and its nice. You can piece together a kit also. Nitrous Pro-Flow has some great shit also. They are a company of Wilson Manifolds, they do lots of nitrous setups for big pro mod cars.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
You want good solenoids. Dynotunes cheap kits run a small noid and that will limit power and performance from the nitrous setup.

The NX noids are good. I would get a NX kit, my brother runs one and its nice. You can piece together a kit also. Nitrous Pro-Flow has some great shit also. They are a company of Wilson Manifolds, they do lots of nitrous setups for big pro mod cars.

+1 NX does have really good solenoids, plus you can always send the NX noids in for a rebuild... or replacement. I'm not sure if dynotune rebuilds their solenoids.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I just picked up a used NX wet kit from some V6 stang forums for $225. Pretty happy with the purchase. Everything I read / heard said go with NX due to the solenoids.

wy3134

Established Member
yea i just bought a NX wet kit without bottle new off ebay for $375 (could have gotten one cheaper but figured id rather have new parts since im new to the game and dont want no suprises), picking up a bottle and gauges in a separate deal, now all i have to get is a window or wot switch (cant decide which to go with, leaning towards window switch)

kit i bought is the 35-150shot kit, since i dont plan to run more than 125 shot this should be more than enough.

hopefully i can get lucky and find a plate to run instead of the single nozzle

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
+1 NX does have really good solenoids, plus you can always send the NX noids in for a rebuild... or replacement. I'm not sure if dynotune rebuilds their solenoids.

They sell you rebuild kits cheap, actually all goes wrong/worn is the plunger w the seal on it, he sent me 2 by mistake told me to keep the extra. I've got the 250hp rating ones.

Above poster and others..

Btw seriously you need both a wot and window switch trust me. Wot sw well only activates at wot throttle and window switch for the rpm range to activate, say 3.8k to 6.3k w your fuel cutoff at say 6.5k. Msd digital is ok set what u want but on full wouldn't set it below 3.5k won't get traction anyway unless at track. That's on 275 mts and 125 rating.

Bottle pressure is important also, it determines how much nitrous actually flows through jet. Nitrous pressure depends directly on temp.of nitrous. I try to have 950#. So bottle htr, hooked mine to defrost grid wire. That way times out after 15 min. Use the defrost sw. Unhook the grid male, hook in the bottle wire u run w male spade connector.

Do it good first time. Set plug gap to say .028. Timing retard on a 03 about 1.5/1.3 deg per 50 jet and check a/f ratio. This is a major mod, so do it right. Isn't throw a filter on or a muffler. I don't want anybodies mtr trashed. Serious stuff. I spent over a yr adj. working on stuff here and there. Still a work in progress.

04torchred

Established Member
They sell you rebuild kits cheap, actually all goes wrong/worn is the plunger w the seal on it, he sent me 2 by mistake told me to keep the extra. I've got the 250hp rating ones.

Above poster and others..

Btw seriously you need both a wot and window switch trust me. Wot sw well only activates at wot throttle and window switch for the rpm range to activate, say 3.8k to 6.3k w your fuel cutoff at say 6.5k. Msd digital is ok set what u want but on full wouldn't set it below 3.5k won't get traction anyway unless at track. That's on 275 mts and 125 rating.

Bottle pressure is important also, it determines how much nitrous actually flows through jet. Nitrous pressure depends directly on temp.of nitrous. I try to have 950#. So bottle htr, hooked mine to defrost grid wire. That way times out after 15 min. Use the defrost sw. Unhook the grid male, hook in the bottle wire u run w male spade connector.

Do it good first time. Set plug gap to say .028. Timing retard on a 03 about 1.5/1.3 deg per 50 jet and check a/f ratio. This is a major mod, so do it right. Isn't throw a filter on or a muffler. I don't want anybodies mtr trashed. Serious stuff. I spent over a yr adj. working on stuff here and there. Still a work in progress.

Run a FJO mini progressive controller. Built in TPS signal wire to sense when you are WOT so no gay ass micro switch under the pedal or out on the TB and you can set the turn on/off rpm via a laptop. Its a slick little box, plus you can ramp in the nitrous how you want.

I think NOS has a little box that is similar as well.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yes I have the fjo mini. With laptop set what u want. And you need to check the a/f ratio. W say a nmb box, input 2, it will be active. I use a wot sw to grnd for whatever reason. Just a thing w me. Key on I can turn on arming sw look at the box and see led come on when I open the wot sw. My settings right now. It does have 2 stages btw available.
prog%20n20.jpg

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
This is the one I have....It took a while to get it, and has 2 40 amp built in drivers for 2 stages. I had a few issues on the software w my vista op system on the laptop had to run it in compatibility mode. I already had a rpm wire tapped by number 8 cylinder but it would work for #4 or any just as well. I mounted it by the ic pump relay box and solenoids under it. Holds the settings w/o power also in case you wondered. Also forgot to mention if only a desktop, no problem the mini will power up through the usb connection be it a laptop or desktop. Another reason where I mounted the mini in case I needed to take it off the car quickly to haul it in the house and reprogram.
FJO Racing Products - Progressive Nitrous Mini-Controller
FJO Progressive Mini Nitrous Controllers from HorsepowerFreaks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread