Looking to drop the IRS so i can.....

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
fix this damn leak coming from the diff. cover. I spoke with maximum motorsports the other day to see what they recommended. they recomended their 984 buck irs grip box. I have delt with them in the past on solid axle stuff and have been very pleased. the guy said that i wouldnt need a billetflow diff. brace if i used the mm kit because all the deflection problems would be fixed therefore not causing the diff to be as stressed. is this true? I dont mind spending a little extra so that i dont have to deal with doing anymore to my IRS.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you do not need to drop the irs subassembly to remove the pumpkin and reseal its rear cover, fwiw.

I would add the BilletFlow diff brace anyway. its reasonably cheap (compared to the repair it could help prevent) and i take a belt&suspenders approach. overkill is my friend. especially when it comes to safety and durability mods.

but thats me. im weird.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
yeh im the same way. i saw that it could be done without dropping it but i figure it might be a good time to go ahead and replace all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread