Looking to do auto swap, need information

Quad4_72

Established Member
So the time has come for me to do an auto swap. I have been trying to read up on how to do it, where and what to buy, etc but it seems a bit overwhelming. Right now my builder is saying I should go TH400. I am looking for an auto tranny that will reliably hold 1200 rwhp. Anyone know the best places to buy one at a fair price? Perhaps a package deal that has everything? I saw JPC racing has a package that looks pretty legit but it seems a bit pricy. Since I have a driveshaft already perhaps that would knock some off the price.

I also looked through this thread but there was quite a bit of lingo that I did not quite understand:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?983569-TH400-Swap-parts-list-and-questions/page2

Any advice by those that have done an auto swap would be greatly appreciated.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
TH400 swap will alow you to keep the manual PCM. 6r80 will need a new auto PCM. Just FYI.

For 1200rwhp I would say glide might be a better option. But a TH400 will work also.

Also hit up blake Holcomb on FB, he had a hard to beat package price on a TH400 or glide setup that no one else could match and it was better parts also.

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
TH400 swap will alow you to keep the manual PCM. 6r80 will need a new auto PCM. Just FYI.

For 1200rwhp I would say glide might be a better option. But a TH400 will work also.

Also hit up blake Holcomb on FB, he had a hard to beat package price on a TH400 or glide setup that no one else could match and it was better parts also.

Awesome thanks for the info! Why do you say glide would be a better option though?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Glide is definitely a better option on a turbo car.

With a turbo car you really want to lug the motor down, that gets the turbo lit faster and the car to go faster down the track. A TH400 is a much better option for a blower car that needs it's RPM up higher during the pass to make boost.

We offer custom packages as well. So if you have some parts currently we can remove pieces from the packages.

Also we offer the highest possible quality parts in all of our packages. This may be a slightly higher price, but we have a much higher attention to detail with our packages.

Things that other company's call "addons" or "things you can upgrade later" come standard in our packages we offer.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. We can tailor the build however you'd like for any transmission.

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
Glide is definitely a better option on a turbo car.

With a turbo car you really want to lug the motor down, that gets the turbo lit faster and the car to go faster down the track. A TH400 is a much better option for a blower car that needs it's RPM up higher during the pass to make boost.

We offer custom packages as well. So if you have some parts currently we can remove pieces from the packages.

Also we offer the highest possible quality parts in all of our packages. This may be a slightly higher price, but we have a much higher attention to detail with our packages.

Things that other company's call "addons" or "things you can upgrade later" come standard in our packages we offer.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. We can tailor the build however you'd like for any transmission.

Thanks for the info aaron. I will definitely look into the powerglide now. Your packages definitely look really high quality but may be a bit out of my price range. I still may be giving you a call though to get more details

Users who are viewing this thread