Looking to buy this mustang is it to much>?

dinsk07

Established Member
HERE IS A LINK the car is immaculat 2 owner guy has had it since 50,000 miles he is in his late 40's and it is always garaged. when repainted everything was paitned off the car and reinstalled all new rubber for the windows door jambs trunk were done he wont go under 7200 heres the link

1991 Mustang GT

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
looks pretty clean, but you can't see the ghost flames in that pic.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
It does look clean and of course try to work on the price a little if any. I would have a professional, unless you are, look at it to make sure there is no issues. Hate seeing threads where people buy a car and a few days later it is ruined.

Good luck!

dinsk07

Established Member
dsg i agree with you i am a honda tech and had a few mustang but nothing like this that has heads cam etc he wont move on the price at all

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
thats about a good price for a mint clean 5.0, they are getting far and few between that are mint and low miles older foxes get,most are stock / beat up or high mileage ones for 2-5k, so 7k for a mint low mileage one is a fair price

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
It's only too much if you are not willing to pay it. Really the only determining factor.

You'll know when you see it in person. Whatever you choose you will be styling dude. You will either have a great car, or $7500 in your pocket. Win-win.

Keep us posted, and good luck.

dinsk07

Established Member
I agree i feel like he has put time and money into it he says its flawless and would rather keep it than sell it I have always wanted a fox and i just bought a house and have a garage and want a weekend driver

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
It's very hard to find a clean, clean, clean Fox. We all have seen (or owned) the norm, and the norm ain't good.

If it is that clean then I would look at it as a good buy...but it'd have to be pretty fricking clean. After all, you could buy 3 normal condition hatches for that money. Keep in mind that another one WILL come along, and not it won't take long. $7500 ain't chump change...

I do sincerely wish ya luck. When I had the house and wife I didn't have the coupe. After the divorce I don't have the wife or house but I have the coupe. It makes me so sad to think of all the time I wasted on having the house and wife...

dinsk07

Established Member
when he had it painted all the glass was out and panels sideskirts etc had all the molding repalced had the jambs trunk and under hood done as well i will see it and go from there

dinsk07

Established Member
Going to look at it sunday anything i should really look for i talked to him again today and we talked numbers he wont go under 7200 he said he has way to much in it. He said at the dyno it put down 287/330 is that right? seems low for what he has done.

jamessims

Established Member
Ya sounds about rt listen for any ball joint knocks bad shock/struts and ask for receipts to prove it was all bought new. Also look for orange peel in the paint. If he does not have proof I would not give more than 6500 take cash and if there is something misrepresented about the car but u still want it justify it and lay out the cash in the amount ur willing to pay... Stand firm if he don't take it give him a couple of min then grab ur cash and walk away... Cash gets them every time.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.251585,-98.265607

DRCjasper

Established Member
Always good to check the torque boxes . Look to see if they're twisted or cracked. Check the roof near the rear window. Dents or ripples indicate chassis flex. If the visors won't stay up, it could mean the A-pillars have twisted as well. Of course, check for the usual stuff. Rust around the edges of body panels, inside the shock towers, floor pans, around the engine and trunk. Check that the inner fenders and radiator support are strait and check body panel alignment for signs of crashes. Although you shouldn't rely on them, always good to have a carfax as well. Good for helping to verify mileage and where the car has spent most its time. If its got 105, the odometer should read 5,000 miles but the carfax will help determine if it's really 205K miles.

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
I hate to say it, but the premiere issue of Fox Mustang Magazine came in the mail yesterday (AWESOME! Subscribe NOW!) and it has a great write up on purchasing our cars with a great checklist to review while looking at it.

What I did, and I am so glad I did, was bring a digital camera and no money. I looked at a dozen cars before I bought mine. I would take (with the owners permission) a million pics and then go over them at home.

I found more problems in those pics than I could believe! When you are there you are excited and quick to pull the trigger. At home you can study and review and find the little things you are sure to notice once the deal is done.

How did I miss the high temp gauge on one car? How did I miss the torn seat in another? That dent in the hood? I am observant as can be (my job requires it) and I was ashamed at how much got by me.

Good luck. I know it is a long drive, but for $7200 I would do what it takes to make sure the money I am spending is going towards what I really want.

And remember, just because someone spent a lot of money doesn't mean it is your responsibility to repay him for it.

Again, good luck dude!

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
IMO that is a good price for the car. In the description he states heads and cam. I would want to see receipts. is it a cast iron head? if he was in the engine did he replace or resurface the crank? what about the water pump?
GL

Users who are viewing this thread