Looking to buy my brother a cam for his 94GT

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Hey guys like the title says i'm looking to pick a cam for my brother for Christmas. He really wants the lope sound and only has the usual bolt on's. CAI, Off road H and 2 chamber flo dumps. I will be getting him some longtubes, but that is later.

So what cam should I pick up tomorrow to satisfy is lopey sound need?

Thanks....

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
SlwSVT said:
e303 cam is a good street/strip cam with plenty of lope and it is smog legal. A good cam for bolt on cars.

Wurd. The trickflow stage 1 has a bit more of the lope sound and has a nicer top end pull than the E cam, but you'd have to change your pushrods with that one. With the E cam you can run the stock pushrods.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.

One last question. Is it the duration or the lift that makes the loping sound? If he doesn't care about the idle would the B-cam be better for more top end power and lopey sound?

Thanks.

Sergio

Established Member
something i've heard about the 94/95 5.0 is that it can be hit or miss with a cam because of the computers. Some have idling issues and some dont. Just thought i'd throw that out there to let you know, maybe someone can shed some light on this issue.

GHOST5.0

NEW SVT POSTER
Established Member
Call D&d They Will Custom Gring You One That Is What I Did When I Installed A Set Of Trick Flow Heads And Pistons They Made Me A Cam Set Up For My Car

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
NITROUSINJECTED said:
Call D&d They Will Custom Gring You One That Is What I Did When I Installed A Set Of Trick Flow Heads And Pistons They Made Me A Cam Set Up For My Car

If you read the mods of his brother's 94 GT, there is no reason for him to really pay the money for a custom grind since his mods include all of some mufflers, CAI, etc. Basic stuff. For the amount of money you'd pay for a custom cam, you wouldn't gain much more power over a regular off the shelf cam with those mods. Personally, for that car, i would look on the corral.net classifieds section. They have tons of cams always for sale and for very cheap too. Im sure you can find one for like $100 or less over there.

Sergio

Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
Personally, for that car, i would look on the corral.net classifieds section. They have tons of cams always for sale and for very cheap too. Im sure you can find one for like $100 or less over there.

considering he's in Dallas, DFWstangs.net would probably be a better option. large classifieds section and no shipping :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread