Looking to buy a truck

MastaAce03

Established Member
Good afternoon gentlemen. I’m looking to buy a truck soon and knowing many of you have great knowledge on the subject, I’m looking for some advice.

I’m looking for something with a budget of 20k. I can go a little over that but would rather not. Is the Ford F 150 the way to go? 5.0 or 3.5 eco? Anything specific to look out for before purchasing? Only work done with the truck would be pulling a 22 foot boat.

Of course the newer and lower the miles the better. What year and mileage do you think I’d be looking at for around 20k? I do want it as fully loaded as possible.

Any help and advice is much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MastaAce03

Established Member
Good call. Biggest cab possible. Not sure what model that is

JJackson515

Established Member
I think most people on here have been happy with their 3.5 or 2.7 ecoboost. Is 4x4 a must as well?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Yessir. 4x4 for sure.

best truck you can get for that budget is ram quad cab express with hemi, i think you can get a decently equipped 2013/14 model for that.

supercrew 4x4 f150s are not going to be sub $20k unless they have a crap ton of miles.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
Yea you really need to nail away what trim and options you want. If you can bump to 25k it really opens up a lot more availablity for a newer truck.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Yea you really need to nail away what trim and options you want. If you can bump to 25k it really opens up a lot more availablity for a newer truck.

I could do 25k, I’m just trying to leave as much money for a boat as possible.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

realistically its gonna be closer to $30k and the bank is gonna charge much higher interest on a out of warranty 6 or 7yr old truck.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Ford does offer a base 3.5 and 3.3 v6 that people have been having great luck out of also

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Seems like the denali trucks drop in value pretty quick. My Chevy buddy was looking at picking one up in that price range and I was surprised at how few miles they had on them.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Seems like the denali trucks drop in value pretty quick. My Chevy buddy was looking at picking one up in that price range and I was surprised at how few miles they had on them.

Also seems like a really nice tuck. Anyone heard any issues with that truck?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Enlighten me

I have a sierra and between the converter shudder, vibrations from the rear end and hard shifts. I am done with GM.
Also the AFM lifters have been known to fail although its not as common as it was

MastaAce03

Established Member
I have a sierra and between the converter shudder, vibrations from the rear end and hard shifts. I am done with GM.
Also the AFM lifters have been known to fail although its not as common as it was

Thank you

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Thank you

No problem man. I had prior spoken to my service manager and his truck had the same issues as mine and GM had no fix.
The GM forum is filled with horror stories about these trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread